Sunday, June 17, 2007

Treats and stuff ...

This week I received a wonderful surprise in the mail. It came all the way from the USA. Melanie - our wonderful blogger of Covered Porches and Wooden Screen Doors fame - had sent me the most wonderful package. It contained a Thimbleberries pattern (which is sooooo me) a fat quarter of cute fabric, a thimble, a gorgeous hand made card, and best of all - the most lovely bag ever, which she made herself. I just love all the items! Thank you so much Melanie, I love them to pieces!

I had no idea when I started blogging that I would 'meet' so many wonderful people, and grow to count them among my friends. Such a lovely surpise, I'm glad I took the leap almost a year ago.
I took the bag to the quilt store on Wednesday, and it was so admired. The girls were poring over it to see how they could make one for themselves. Of course, they couldn't make one as special as mine, a wonderful gift from the other side of the Pacific.

On an entirely different note - Marty put his computer skills to good use and worked out my phone and computer's communication issues. I guess they were just having a disagreement, as they seem to be conversing politely now. I had taken a picture at House and Garden on Thursday of these cute sheep, and I wanted to share them with you. They were looking at me from the shelf saying 'Please take us home ...' but I had to walk away ... the knowledge that Holly would have torn them asunder was more than I could bear ... Maybe another day when Holly is a little less juvenile ...

This afternoon we had a little birthday party gathering to go to. It was Marty's Grandfather's birthday on Thursday, and we had a family gathering today. Can you believe he turned 96! Remarkably, he and his wife (second wife) still live in their own home, and Grandpa still drives and has his wits about him entirely. He's a remarkable man, and we're lucky to have him in our lives. My kids are really lucky actually, they still have all their Grandparents, and also have five Great Grandparents. So anyways ... we had a lovely afternoon catching up with family, and now Cam is worn out and has gone to bed. Our next celebration will be Cameron's birthday on Wednesday. He turns five! School transition starts on Thursday, I can't believe my little man is growing up so fast!

10 comments:

Shelina said...

Ooh, what a nice surprise to get in the mail. It all looks wonderful. The little sheep look great too. I bet you could make something like that.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

How lovely for you - and it is great to have so many active 'oldies' in your family.
And Happy birthday to Cameron. I know just how you feel because my Colly turns five on Thursday. All I have to do is work out how to keep him and all his friends under control at his party on Friday.

Darlene said...

What a lovely surprise! I love surprises like that!

Blogging has opened up a whole new world for so many of us. Having friends all over the world is the best. My international guild. :-)

Birthday wishes to Cameron!

Darlene said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I love those sheep! They are cute!

Jenni said...

It's nice to get a parcel from OS, isn't it? Love your sheep - the things we do for blogging. No funny looks in House and Garden?

Eileen said...

Oh the memories-when David was 5. Now he's 24 and he got married last Friday!
The only older ones we have are my Mom and Mike's Mom. Enjoy your elders and have them tell Cam lots of stories. Write them down if you can!

mereth said...

Yep, blogging is great, isn't it? Incredible to think of us all being in touch across the world.

It's sad when they go off to school and the 'system' swallows them up.It's another of life's milestones I guess.

Toni said...

You are so right about blogging. I love having new Friends near and far. How wonderful it is so share our lives with one another. That bag looks so cute, lucky you.

Birthday wishes to Cam.

Toni

Carole said...

What a wonderful surprise! I will admit, I love blogging! I too have met such wonderful people. And the inspiration I get is phenomenal. Thanks for sharing your joy! Those sheeps are cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colours in the bag you were given - gorgeous! Hope you get the quilt finished and that the transition for school went well :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails