Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Quilting

I don't really have a lot to share with you today, but I know I won't be able to visit with you tomorrow, so I'll give it a whirl.

There are two reasons for my seeming lack of productivity ... the first is because I'm hand quilting on the Starstruck quilt. We all know how slow that can be. I'm quilting very lightly 1/4" away from the seams with a black perle cotton. I'll get as much done as I can before my deadline. After I get the quilt back, then I can set about doing all the decorative quilting that I'd like to do. The quilting doesn't show up much in the pictures anyways, so as long as the quilt looks nice I'll be happy. I don't know if you can even see the quilting in the picture I took, but I promise it's there. I have around 30 days to have it finished and with the publisher.

The other thing that has been keeping me on my toes is that I'm putting together a web page. I know about enough html to get me in trouble, so it's a slow process. I'm getting better though, so hopefully sometime this milennium I'll have something to share with you.

Well, that's it for me today - tomorrow is the tiny man's birthday, and there is school transition on Thursday, this is one big week for the little guy!

7 comments:

jodie said...

You will power through it, 30 days is plenty of time for you!
Happy Birthday for tomorrow to Cam and good luck with the website.

Jodie

Tonya Ricucci said...

yup, handquilting definitely does take a lot of time. I CAN see the quilting here, looking good.

Rose Johnston said...

The quilting looks great....30 days, ull do it!!! the website sounds fantastic, cant wait!!! Happy Birthday to ur son!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh but the black pearle cotton quilting looks wonderful!

Susan said...

The stitching shows on close-up, if someone clicks on the pic. It looks nice and even from here. =)

Finn said...

As I hand quilter I totally know how little our progress 'show up' for others, but your quilt is looking great and I'm sure you'll make your deadline..*VBS*
Great treats from Mel, she's such a sweetheart, definitely a gift of love and friendship.
Looking forward to seeing the webpage. Hugs, Finn

Hanne said...

The hand quilting looks good from here :-)
Say belated Happy Birthday to Cam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails