Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Table Runner

During the school holidays I was trying to come up with a table runner project that I could share with my students. I wanted one that would use up scraps, wasn't too hard, and of course that looked cute.

After playing around with an applique project unsuccessfully, I had this idea this evening. It's not like it's ground breaking or anything, but I think it'll look really cute made up with scrap greens and backgrounds, and would look wonderful done in a Christmas theme. I think I'm going to call it "Among the Evergreens".

I'll use my 2.5" strips to create the half square triangles, so the squares and tri's will be 2" finished. I don't know that I'll have the time (with the other quilt on the go) but it would be nice if I could make this up for my Mum. If you like it, go ahead and make it, and be sure to share pictures :-)

Vickie W asked yesterday about the finished size of the squares in my other project. I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you personally as your email address doesn't show up, but the finished size of the squares is 1.5". Hope that helps - but I'm sure any size would work great too.

9 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

Love the table runner, it would be great in a xmas theme.....love ur nine patch quilt as well......ur such a clever lady!!!

Tracey in CT said...

This is a nice pattern, looks great but not very hard to do. Maybe this would be a good thing to do for Judy's May challenge!

Jeanne said...

Oh, this is nice! I've had a pine tree project on my wish list for ages -- I may have to think about doing this.
Jeanne :)

Melanie said...

OK - here's a thought, Turn the pine trees the other way. Then make maybe 2 or 3 runners and drape them crossways on the table instead of lengthwise, for a neat effect. They could be similar to placemats that 2 people across from each other will share. Put a basket of pinecones in the middle, save some scraps for cloth napkins and you have a date!!!

Unknown said...

Sometimes I find it tedious to come up with ever new projects for my students. But then after searching around, drafting,... the result is there and I forced myself to something I maybe would have not done if only for me. Students are a great incentive! You came out with a great idea there. Take care.

Susan said...

The table runner is great. It has the added plus of being much less difficult than it looks. =)

Teodo said...

This table runner is great.
I imagine how fine would be on my table..........it's really great.
ciao ciao

Quilts And Pieces said...

oooo! I loke this idea!

Patti said...

Very neat table runner idea! I'm going to remember this - I've always really liked that tree block.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails