Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Big day at the quilt store.

Today was a busy day at the quilt store, and the afternoon flew by so fast I couldn't believe it. It's just Amy and I at home right now so we're spending some time veging, and shortly I'm going to head into the sewing room.

I promised yesterday that I'd share the pattern source for the watermelon hat. Here it is. I actually used beads rather than sew on the 'seeds'. You will need to string them all onto the yarn before you begin the pink colour. Thank you to Atet for reminding me of the address :-)

Lastly, I've done a little fabric shopping just recently - not exactly good for my fabric diet, but I've been good for such a long time, and I do need the stuff for the quilt I'm currently working on. I ordered some lovely reproductions from Z&S Fabrics. I just love this store! My friend Linda recommended them to me, and I love everything about them. They present their parcels so beautifully too!

Marty has taken the d-camera with him, and I've no new pictures to share today - I will hopefully have some wonderful fabric creation to share with you tomorrow *lol* Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love Z&S too! Just checking in quick - I can't wait for this graduation to be over!

McIrish Annie said...

Tazzie, thanks for the link to the hat. what do you mean by stringing the beads before you knit?? what size needles did you use?

it is soo adorable. I can't wait to get started.

Jenni said...

Hi Tazzie, no photo of the fabric? Or has it not arrived yet? Z&S is very cheap, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the hat. I'm off to download it now.

Carol E. said...

I love lemon meringue pie! Yours looks as good as my mom's, who makes the best pies in the world! I'm doing the Pavlov thing now. Thanks a lot. Have a happy, lemony weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails