Saturday, May 05, 2007

Help me piece Holly!

As you can see, Holly has a lot going on in her life, she really doesn't have time to help me piece on my quilt! It's just all sleep, all the time. Actually, that's not entirely true - when she is awake, she's very energetic, much to the other cat's chagrin. Can you believe how much she's grown? When we took her to the vet not so long ago he told us she's going to be a big girl, that would explain why her tail doesn't seem to fit right now :-)

I'm still piecing away on the current scrap quilt. I'm well past half way now. I'm enjoying it more now that I can see it coming together. Funny tho, this picture doesn't look that much different to the recent picture. Honest ... it's getting bigger ... trust me! If I'm a really good girl, I may be able to finish the top this evening. If not then, definitely tomorrow. It would be nice to get quilting on it next week. Let's see how I go.

This transmission (doesn't that sound official :-)) is coming to you from the computer in the study. I feel all out of sorts using this computer, it doesn't have my favourite bookmarks, and it just doesn't feel right. My laptop is still unhappy, though it sounds like the problem has been found. It works okay when the wireless networking is turned off, but goes haywire when it's turned on. So, yesterday I frantically backed up all my work on it, which was such a relief. I didn't realise, but it had been a couple of months since I'd done it. Amazing how time flies. Anyways, if a few laptop problems are all the worries I have, I've got it pretty good right?

Well, that's it from me, I must get back to sewing. I'm looking forward to catching up on all your blogs too. Be sure to have a great weekend! x o x

19 comments:

Melanie said...

That quilt definitely need to be out on a picnic....enjoy your weekend...
Melanie

Valerie said...

Awww, Holly is adorable - she looks just like a little version of my kitty Pumpkin! I will post a picture of him with my next post.

I also really love your scrap quilt. I just love the look of squares, call me boring, but quilted they look so authentic and quilty! Lol* Well, I'm not an experienced quilter either, so it might have something to do with squares being something I can handle! Lol* Looks like you've really put a lot of work into this quilt, gets me all inspired! :)

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness Holly has grown. I immediately noticed her tail and thought "it's too big for Holly" - LOL.

Love this scrappy quilt!

BTW, I see your applique project in the background - the one you entered in the quilt show - pink and green. Did I miss the results?

Mary Johnson said...

The quilt looks great - I love this one and the 9 patch that Norma just finished too - guess I'm going to have to start piecing some 9 patch blocks.

Having cats around when I'm quilting would freak me out - my sister has them and they get up on the sewing table and even worse the cutting table. Chesty might chew up my batting but I don't have to worry about cutting him or sticking him with pins!

Nicole said...

Isn't it funny how one's pets always want to be right in the action, where ever we are? Mine is always under foot or lying on something I don't want him on.
Your scrappy quilt is right up my alley---love all those fabrics and colors.

Patti said...

This scrappy quilt is looking wonderful! Makes me think of my postage stamp quilt. I really would love to get back to working with my 2" squares.

What a pretty kitty your Holly is - and she does have a really long tail LOL!

Ms. Jan said...

Great quilt Tazzie! Hope your laptop is back up and running soon--I hate using anyone else's computer too. =)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Holly's tail is gorgeous! My first thought was, is that a cat or some kind of strange Australian lion! I love that scrap quilt!

atet said...

I know what you mean about using someone else's computer. It has none of the things YOU want on it. UGH.

The quilt looks great! Can't wait to see more of this one.

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Your quilt is looking good. About the bookmarks, if you download the firefox browser, you can import your settings from IE, then get the ad-on Foxmarks (free) for Firefox. It synchronizes the booksmarks on any computer you use. All you have to do is log on to foxmarks on a new computer, and it will bring all your booksmarks over. It's very useful!

Anonymous said...

I hate using someone else's computer too. It's like trying to cook in someone else's kitchen. It's got pretty much the same stuff that you have, only you have no idea where it is and you drive yourself nuts looking for it!

tami said...

I can't believe how fast Holly has grown. She is going to be a beauty. Such nice stripes. :)
Great scrappy quilt. Don't you love using up so many scraps?

Tanya said...

I really like you scrap quilt. I've got this big box of leaders/enders and I'm going to have to figure out what to do with them... This may be a place to start.

Rose Johnston said...

I love Holly........i want a kitty but im worried about the furniture :-(.......Your scrap quilt is coming along so well Tazzie, u have a great eye for design!!!

Shelina said...

Sorry about your computer troubles. I think it is appropriate to complain about computer troubles on a blog. After all, since that is how you reach us, and how we reach you, we are likely to understand! A computer is more a necessity than a luxury in our household.
Your quilt looks so pretty! You're doing a great job on it.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh, Holly is such a sweetie. I hope she stays that size with that gorgeous bushy tail. You are such a productive quilter. look at all the progress you're making on that lovely quilt.

Helen in the UK said...

Holly looks like a real cutie! You probably don't realise how much work goes into being a quilting supervisor (you may call it sleeping, it is actually supervising) - I can see she takes her job very seriously :)

Fiona said...

Great quilt - and cat display accessory!

Laurie Ann said...

Her tail is so beautiful! Makes me want to cuddle her. She looks so sweet napping like that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails