Saturday, May 19, 2007

Deb's Quilt

My friend Deb popped in the other day - she's a quilter too - surprise surprise! She's been working on a Dresden Plate quilt, and wondered if I'd be able to give her a hand. She was all done, but for the quilting in the final border. Deb is nervous about freemotion quilting, and I'm always happy to give her a hand.

Isn't this quilt lovely and bright. I love that she's matched up the floral fabrics with the yellow gingham, it's sooo cute.

Here is a close up of the actual block, I love the fabrics she's used. They're not fabrics I probably would buy if I was in the quilt store, and yet I love the way it looks. I always find it funny that I'm 99% of the time hooked in by reproduction fabrics, but I love bright quilts too.

I'll probably tackle the quilting over the weekend, inbetween kid appointments. We've already been to Amy's netball, and Cameron's football. This afternoon one of Amy's friends is coming over for a sleepover, and tomorrow morning I'll take both the girls to a birthday party. I'll have an hour to myself, and then Cam has a birthday party. Marty is away for the weekend with his mates, so the kids and I can chill when we're at home, and we can eat toast for dinner if we like! How fun!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes - why is it that husbands won't eat toast for dinner? The kids and I always have an easy tea when dad's away - so funny to hear you saying the same on the other side of the world - ours is usually scrambled egg and baked beans on toast!

Fiona said...

I could live on toast, given half a chance. And if I was in a quilt shop I would probably be drawn to the florals that Deb has used.

atet said...

Oh -- what a fun quilt your friend has made. I love to see "traditional" patterns with a twist.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your toast! I love "breakfast" for dinner meals. Quick and easy.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Your friend's quilt has such beautiful colors and prints in it. I especially like the little striped mini borders. Have fun quilting the borders.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh yes! I love the yellow gingham as the background for the bright florals...it is so cute!! You are having fun quilting with your friends..wish I were close enough to come play too!

Bonnie

Shelina said...

Your friend does really have a cute quilt. From the big picture I wasn't really sure that it was a Dresden Plate you were showing, but I can see it from the detail shot. I like the way the colors blend together. I wouldn't have picked that scheme either, but I really like it.

Rose Johnston said...

The quilt is stunning!!!....im with u on the fabrics (i love the country colours) but i really love this, she has done a fantastic job...how lucky she is to have u to help with the borders, i think i might move to SA lol xxx

Eileen said...

What a gorgeous quilt!! I love the colors.

Ms. Jan said...

Lovely quilt, thanks for sharing it. My hubby must be one in a million, he'll eat eggs or tuna for dinner at least three times a week! Must have gotten used to it working evenings all those years. *grin*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails