Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Top Complete

First up, a huge thank you to my amazing friend Linda. I received a wonderful parcel in the post today, and it contained the yummiest goodies. There were three charm packs of fabric, two of them wonderful reproductions and one lovely Moda. I especially love the Rocky Mountain collection, Linda knows my taste inside and out, she's entirely fabulous. She also knows that I plan to make a Double Wedding Ring quilt someday and she sent me a book by John Flynn with the most wonderful techniques. Another big thank you!

Also in the mail, but not pictured were wonderful brochures from Disney World and the Kennedy Space Centre. We plan to travel there next year, and since she was there last month she has done some intelligence gathering for us :-) Gosh we can't wait until next year! Thank you a million times Linda!

And here is the completed top of the quilt I've been working on. This morning I was thinking about whether or not I should post the picture here, as I was reasonably sure my contract with the publisher stated that I shouldn't be sharing pictures of a quilt once it had been commissioned. So, I had a chat with my editor this afternoon "Hi Marianne :-)" and she assures me it's fine to share my pictures. It's a relief to know with clarity what I can and can't do, I feel sure you all know what a minefield copyright issues can be.

Back to the quilt top - when I drew it up I decided I didn't want to border the quilt, and I'm still happy with that decision. I will bind it with the burgundy fabric I used in the setting triangles, and hopefully that will finish it off nicely. I don't have any more of the nine patches left that Linda and I made, it was so much fun exchanging them with her. I love seeing the fabrics and wondering about the other projects they were in. I know the patches I made had fabrics from my first quilt in them. Surely there can't be any more of that left in my scrap boxes now?? Another thing I like to do when I'm scrap piecing is to use up left over bobbin threads and other odd cottons from other projects. It's going to sound nutty, but I get all happy when I run out of odd threads I've accumulated :-)

On a final note, the current issue of Australian Patchwork and Quilting has one of my projects in it. It's the Applique Special Vol 15 No 8 June 2007. My Winchester Weave quilt is in there, not applique at all, but very happy to be included. There should be three more projects in the coming months - very happy days indeed!

24 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

oooo im off to buy APQ this month, ill keep that so i can say i kinda sorta know that lady that designed that quilt in there lol......i love the quilt top tazzie, its gorgeous and i love the way u havent added borders, it makes u focus on the beautiful blocks!!!

The Calico Cat said...

I love that scrappy quilt - my current cat charm quilt will have a "similar" setting...

Anonymous said...

The quilt turned out fantastic!

Bonnie said...

Your quilt is wonderful - and a great way to use up scraps. I also love the idea of using up bobbins! What a great idea - thanks Tazzie.

Cher said...

what a great top- I get happy to use up the last of a spool of thread, bobbin of a color I don't use much, etc...and your knitting is lovely too.

Kim said...

That turned out great, Tazzie!

YankeeQuilter said...

This looks great! I think leaving off the border is the right decision. Congratulations on the publications.

Hanne said...

The quilt is looking great Tazzie!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt top!

Now I really can't wait for my subscription of APQ to come in the mail (it comes rather later here than at home...)

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks great!! Congrats on all your publishing success!

atet said...

Wow -- that quilt is fantastic and I love the no-border look of it. Congrats!

Fiona said...

Nice to have a larger view of the quilt - it looks excellent.

Melanie said...

I've always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt with green on the inside for a tablecloth... Ine day...

Tanya said...

That is a gorgeous quilt! I love the say that it is set on point! I hadn't realized that when you posted it before. Beautiful!

Wendy said...

Wonderful scrappy quilt. A big Congrats on the publication, that's very exciting news. I must try and find that issue.

Teodo said...

This quilt is beautiful....no no it's amazing!!!
ciao ciao

Helen in the UK said...

Love how the quilt turned out. I really like scrap quilts without borders and this is great :)

Nancy said...

Those are some luscuiouslooking goodies you got there in the mail! And I love that scrappy quilts.

Congrats on the magazine piece! I need to see where I can find that here. The LQS that closed a few years ago carried it but the new one doesn't. I do love the magazine. Wonder if they do subscriptions to the states?

Laura said...

Gorgeous quilt! I will look for the magazine, hopefully I can find it here!

Unknown said...

At the little local quilt show I went to on Sunday one of the girls was highly recommending that John Flynn book - she was showing one double wedding ring quilt there and was three quarters of the way through another and has made loads of other quilts even though she's only been quilting a couple of years - she said his instructions were so easy - let me know how you get on with it

COSTURERA said...

¡que bonito! lo siento no hablo ingles, pero si tu entiendes un poco te Felicito. Sorry

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this newest scrap quilt is WONDERFUL! Is this one going to be in AU P&Q? I can't wait! I love it!
And yes your Winchester Weave is gorgeous!

Laura said...

The quilt is gorgeous and congratulations on being published!

Shelina said...

This is such a pretty quilt! I really love scrapy quilts. Congratulations on being published yet again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails