Thursday, May 31, 2007

Checking in earlier ...

I managed to get to the computer at a much more reasonable hour today, I'm not feeling droopy eyed :-) It's not that I plan to go to bed late, it's just that there's so much I want to achieve in a day, and I keep going ... and going ... until I can't reasonably stay up any longer. Of course, none of this would be necessary if I were a morning person, but I'm just not.

The placemats were very happily received by Janet & John when I dropped Cameron off this morning. They just loved them, and there were hugs all round. Cam had a great time with them while I was at the quilt store, they went to an airplane museum. Super fun! And I had a great time at the quilt store too, so a great day all around.

And here is a picture of some fabric that arrived on my doorstep on Tuesday. I wanted to share yesterday ... but you know ... late etc ... I purchased it from Z & S Fabrics. I really needed the fabrics for a few of the projects I have in the planning stages, so it wasn't frivolous fabric purchasing. I just love Z&S, I've talked about them before, they're just wonderful. This is only my second order with them, and I'm sure it won't be my last.

This item is an Ebay purchase from earlier this week. It's a football guernsey for Cameron. He started Auskick three weeks ago. It's an early learning programme for Aussie rules football. He's just loving it, and my mother has cultivated a love of one of our local football clubs in him. She's worked hard at it, and it's sure rubbing off. The Adelaide Crows are his favourite - with my Mum working it, he didn't have a chance of supporting anyone else. Because he's still quite little, I didn't really want to spend $80.00 at the AFL store, and managed to pick it up for $26.00 on Ebay. It's a size 6, and should last him a year.

On another quilty note - something fun happened at the quilt store yesterday. One of the lovely ladies that regularly comes to my classes is turning 70 in August. We stumbled on this information, and because we all love Maureen so, I stealthily organised for a bunch of girls to make up some quilt blocks, and we're going to make up a quilt for her big day. Luckily for me her computer isn't working right now, and she doesn't read my blog, or the surprise would be a bust. I'm really excited about the project, and I know the girls are too. I'll show you pictures of the blocks as they come in. I thought we could use the tree blocks from the table runner I showed last month. It'll be super fun!

Lastly ... yesterday my laptop showed me this message "the system has recovered from a fatal error" which sure didn't sound good. When I opened my mail, every item in my inbox was gone. Ooops. I can't imagine what happened, but I've had wonderful technical hubby give it the once and twice over, and all seems to be well now. But if you were expecing a response to an email from me, it's unlikely to happen now. Fortunately nothing was lost that can't be replaced, but it's a timely reminder to me to backup ... and often! This is the second time my laptop has 'burped' in the last few months.

Ohhh, this is really the last paragraph ... I'm thinking about an etsy shop ... maybe with some coasters and placemats ... is that something anyone would be interested in?? Have a great day everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Dockers fan myself - not that I can get any sort of AFL news over here :)

I think your etsy store is a great idea.

Melanie said...

Great fabrics... can't wait to see the projects.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those are my kind of fabrics! I'm so excited I think I'm going to Z&S in person in a few weeks! I can't wait!

Andrea said...

Beautiful fabrics !! I think I need some like that lol ! I don't have a lot of reds in my stash - will have to sort that out !!

Dianne said...

Gorgeous fabrics, Tazzie. I've been meaning to place an order with Z&S, and now I surely will!

An Etsy store, huh? Should be fun...can't wait to see what you do with it.

Forgot to say yesterday that the placemats you made for your friends were just wonderful...

Lucy said...

Ohh Tazzie these fabrics are my taste. What a beautiful colors! can't wait to see what you are going to do with them!

atet said...

Lovely fabrics -- I'll have to check out Z&S soon, that is after I've finished recovering from the latest fabric spending spree.

An etsy shop, where we could purchase lovelies like yesterday's placemats? Woo Hoo!

Rose Johnston said...

Richmond fan here....but not confident to shout that out!! lol.......love those fabrics and i think an etsy shop would be fantastic!!!! ur work is gorgeous!!!

Jenni said...

Go the Lions! I have bought Daniel a Lions footy jumper and he is going to Auskick. You can never get em too young (evil laugh). I'm going to the game at the Gabba on Saturday night to see Aker in his new team cop a lot of s**t. Looking forward to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails