Monday, May 21, 2007

New Project

Last night I really should have been working on the directions for the scrap quilt, but being me, I didn't. Are you surprised? I'm certainly not :-)

I was drawn into the sewing room by some kind of magnetic pull ... completely helpless - I had to go with it :-)

And here is what I started working on. Well, you can't really see from the picture, but I have a cute selection of reproductions there - pretty much all civil war prints, and I'm putting together a quilt I drew up recently.

Instead of this project, I could have kept going with some of the other scrap projects I have on the go, but no ... I needed to play with some 'fresh' blocks. I'll put some more together if I have the chance today, and then I really must get to working on the directions. It seems I always create artificial deadline pressure by leaving things to the last minute. Am I the only one who does this??

9 comments:

tami said...

No, you are definitely not the only one. I can get so much accomplished when I have a deadline and if I don't work on something I want to it takes so much longer.

Elaine Adair said...

I see that you tidied up your sewing room, per your post of several days ago, but this photo, my word, it's still neat as a pin! How do you manage that?

The project looks very appealing.

That Dresden Plate quilt is amazing. Nothing old-fashioned about the quilt, using an old-fashioned block.

May Britt said...

You're not the only one When preparing for my new class in making a sewing bag I wrote the instructions the night before my class was starting :)

atet said...

No, you are not the only one who does that. I tend to do it a lot with school projects and with gifts I make for others. I really need to stop it though -- my ability to handle stress is getting strained.

Unknown said...

Nope - I'm an eleventh hour merchant too - nearly gave my sister heart failure working on her wedding dress two days before the event - but I've never failed a deadline yet! I am getting better but it drives my husband NUTS!!!

Melanie said...

I think this happens to me because there just aren't enough hours in the day, but I keep telling myself I'll get better at it..

Alisa said...

I'm curious to see what this new project will look like in the end. I really like your scrap quilt, the one you need to write instructions for.

Bonnie said...

Yes, starting a new project is much more fun - and maybe we just need that now and then to liven things up a bit.

Susan said...

I see that Z & S is in Denver, PA. When we went to the Lancaster show in 2005, we stayed in Denver. We missed this place somehow. Maybe it's only online? There are wonderful fabric places all around that area, and places to buy Amish quilts, too.

Love your new project.

Some of us just work better under pressure. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails