Monday, May 28, 2007

Still Starstruck

Here is where I'm at with my star blocks. I know it doesn't look all that different to last time - sorry about that. There just doesn't seem to be so much stitching time here right now. I know it's not forever, so I can enjoy some seriously quilty days in the not too distant future.

I'm thinking that this quilt will have 'Starstruck' somewhere in it's name, so I've been calling them my Starstruck blocks. I still have five more red reproduction fabrics to introduce to the mix, and at least one more 'star' fabric. It's looking very vintage, and I'm really happy that it looks like I'll have enough of the background fabric to finish it. I was sort of worried that I wouldn't quite have enough. However I shouldn't get too confident, just in case I run out with a tiny bit to go.

And here we have Holly helping out in the garden. Marty did a whole lot of gardening on Sunday, and Holly was completely into everything he was working on. She's growing up so fast, and we're slowly letting her have a little more outside time, but not too much. She's really an indoor girl, we've noticed she kind of tiptoes on grass, like she doesn't like the sensation underfoot. Too funny!

I had taken Cam to a birthday party on Sunday morning, and on Sunday afternoon I had a bit of a Nanna Nap. My bestie's 40th birthday party was on Saturday night, and we had a huge time, so I was feeling a little low the next day. We've had a big run of parties lately, and there are still a number to go. It's such fun being social butterflies :-)

I have to confess that I'm really behind with my blog reading right now. I promise I'll catch up with what you're all up to, and please forgive me if I comment more sparsely than usual - just know that I've stopped by and enjoyed visiting with you! x o x

12 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Starstruck is looking good! Enjoy your busy social calendar! When it rains, it pours!

Rose Johnston said...

I can babysit......i got quilting to do and i come with good credentials lol......ur quilt is looking amazing!!!

Ms. Jan said...

I love Starstruck~keep up the good work on it!
=)
jan

Jenni said...

Loving the stars in the repro look. Ms Holly looks to be having fun - sometimes a cat is just too dainty and precious to get her feet actually 'touching' the grass. Mt beagle Simon is a bit the same, occasionally he goes out in the yard to show he can, but he would much rather lie on a quilt!

Eileen said...

Tazzie,
I love the Starstruck blocks, they remind me of something from back in history. I've not pieced in months-no motivation. I'll just do it vicariously through you!:-)

The Calico Cat said...

Nice blocks - love the fluffy tail!

McIrish Annie said...

Love the star blocks with the different reds. very homey!!

Anne Ida said...

Your star blocks look great! And I'm sure you soon will find time to work more on them :o) Take care and have fun!

Lucy said...

I am in love with your stars !!

Susan said...

Your stars are fabulous. I love the old-fashioned look to them.

Unknown said...

Starstruck--looking very good! You DO get a lot done.

Kucki68 said...

For so´me reason I keep reading Starbucks and with the coffee brown stars that made sense to me too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails