Monday, April 30, 2007

More Nine Patches

Here is the result so far of my piecing with the nine patches Linda and I made. Lots of them have become 36 patches, and between the sashing strips are nine patches. I have a good deal of the rest of the quilt put together, but no more rows attached so far.

I do like working on this quilt, but for some reason I'm having to push myself to work on it. Is it because I'm seeing so many other wonderful quilts on your blogs that I'd like to make? I'm not sure. I'll keep plugging away though. I have four weeks to finish this one.

The christening was just lovely, and we had a really nice time. I did have an outfit crisis one hour before it was time to leave. When I got all dressed I didn't think my outfit was quite 'dressy' enough to wear to church. I panicked and ended up wearing a longish hankercheif hemmed skirt with a black beaded top. I still wore the lovely shoes, and while they were really comfortable, I was glad to take them off when we got home. The 'new shoes' thing I guess.

Of course, once we got to church Marty and I realised that neither of us had remembered to bring our camera, we do that so often. I had even left my phone at home. Hopefully we'll have some of the official photos at some stage so I can share them with you.

Well, that's it from me - I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.
x o x

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please keep plugging away at this quilt - I love it and am thinking about giving it a try myself. What size were the individual square for the 9-patch? I have a box of 2 1/2" squares and this might be a realy good use for them.

Melanie said...

I go through clothes 'panic attacks' lots of times. Living in a small town, there's really no place to shop. We dress for weather more than style up here and You've got to remember I work in an airplane hangar. Besides I'd rather spend money of quilt junk. Then when we have to go somewhere...you can't wear quilt fabric...

Joyce said...

The quilt is looking lovely. There is just something about nine patches.
Once, for a wedding my MIL had new glasses, new false teeth, new corset and new shoes. They all hurt. She was glad when that day was over!

Nancy said...

I love the way this is turning out. Keep at it. But I do know how easy it is to get distracted by all the lovely things we see out in blogland. In fact I have some 3" nin-patches that sure would look lovely in this setting. :-)

homespun living said...

The quilt looks great!

Darlene said...

I love it! Great use of those terrific nine patches you and your friend are exchanging!

Teodo said...

This work is long to do but fantastic.
ciao ciao

Dianne said...

You just gotta love 9-patch quilts. Something about the simplicity of them really speaks to me. Yours is turning out to be really gorgeous!

Loved your account of forgetting the camera. We ALWAYS do that...so annoying! I recently read on someone's blog that this is called "Camnesia"...perfect!

Mary Johnson said...

I know what you mean - I want to start another quilt too but need to make myself finish my split rail fence blocks first. It may end up being smaller than planned just so I can move on!

Kairle Oaks said...

Oh, your nine patch quilt is turning out to be very lovely, Tazzie!

Glad that the christening went well. Too bad about the camera.

Lynn Dykstra said...

great use of those little bits--I like the grey.

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

Love your use of nine patches! It is coming out nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails