Saturday, April 07, 2007

Parcel and piecing :-)

A super huge thank you to ForestJane for the wonderful parcel that arrived on my doorstep on Thursday. My hubby actually found it when he came home from work, so it was a huge surprise, and I had the best time scooting thru the contents. Jane has sent me the most lovely fabric, trims, treats for the kids, a seam ripper (cuz we all need those), a magazine, a mountain of buttons and sequins, a fairy doll, an Easter pin ... ohhh it goes on and on. Thank you Jane, you're just darling. Our customs dept must have thought her parcel interesting, as the box was labelled as having been searched. I wonder what they thought of my loot?

On the quilting front, I have pieced the borders for the blue and cream quilt, I just need to press them now and attach them to the quilt top. I hope to have that done later this afternoon. We were to have taken Cam to a little friend's birthday party, but the poor little guy has come down with tonsilitis, and after a visit to the doctor, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. He's resting happily now, so I should get some time in the sewing room.

After piecing up a storm to get the borders together, I discovered that I'd made nine extra blocks. In the spirit of stashbusting I pieced the blocks together and utility quilted them to give to my Nanna. We're visiting with them tomorrow. She has a little table next to her armchair in the TV room, and this will be the perfect little table topper for it. On the back of the table topper I used a fat quarter that has been in my stash for a reeeeaaaalllly long time. I remember buying it at a quilt store I don't visit anymore. Generally fat quarters cost around $6.00 at quilt stores here, and this one still had the price tag on it ... and it was $2.50. I'm thinking this one has been sitting around since mid-late 90's. Not sad to see that one go!

Well, that's it from me ... hope you're all having a lovely Easter weekend! x o x

11 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tazzie, what a nice gift; the blues are gorgeous.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

You have to love a parcel with as much treasure as that... and great table topper. No, the cat has not returned, but thanks for asking. tracey

Rose Johnston said...

U amaze me with what u achieve....great table topper, how could ur Nanna not love that??....hope the tonsilitis improves, nasty infection!!!
Happy Easter to u and ur family!!!

Silverthimble said...

It didn't take you long to piece those borders! Weren't you clever to have enough left for another small project that can be gifted!
Happy Easter!

Nancy said...

Another wonderful surprise package in blogland today! Love those reds and all the other bits and pieces are cool too. :-)

And the little blue table topper is so charming. What Nanna wouldn't love it.

Juliann in WA said...

Haven't visited you in awhile but seems you have been as busy as ever - love the blue and cream quilt - those colors are so peaceful

Darlene said...

A box full of treats and surprises - awesome!

Love the borders and your little topper for your Nanna!

ForestJane said...

The seam ripper was actually attached to the angel when I sent it, with a little blob of waxy stuff - the cover kinda fig leafed her *ahem* crotch area, and her arms circled around the part you'd snap off and use. That made her the guardian angel of seam rippers... lol

The string of red mardi gras beads was a gift from a child at the library night activity. After I read the koala story, I'd pull your pkg out and announce that I had received an envelope ALL the way from Australia, and that my friend had put a gift in it for every single one of them... then I'd give out the 'authentic nickels'. I told them I was going to be sending you a package back, full of red things, because that was your favorite color. Her eyes got big, and she took the red necklace off her neck and asked if I'd send it to you. :)

just jenn said...

Loving all the red in that picture! It's always fun to get a package in the mail and even better when it's from a friend.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Isn't it fun to get packages like that! I love your little topper you made your Nana - she is going to love it!

YankeeQuilter said...

That topper will be much appreciated. The colors are great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails