Monday, April 16, 2007

Been tidying :-)

I don't know how everyone else fares, but for me, when I'm on a quilting deadline, I tend to drop the ball a bit in other areas. Lately, I've had a few quilt pressures, so the house is somewhat less organised than usual, and I've been looking forward to getting it back in order. I get kind of edgy when things pile up too much, and that's how I've been feeling lately.

Does anyone else have that experience? It's almost like I can't actually keep all my chosen balls in the air at once. They are family life, housekeeping, quilting, social life, and my own special ball - my health. All the balls just can't seem to be juggled at once. I completely accept that it's hard for me, and while most of those balls spend a little time on the ground, I really don't like it when I get too far behind with the house - maybe because it's most visible to others that I'm losing control a bit?

Anyways, enough with my little vent - I've spent the last two days tidying and sorting, and I've managed to get the house in better order and I've even sorted out the cutting table. My brother visited for the day today. He works out of town, and when he's around, it's nice just to be in the same space together. His computer isn't working at home, so while he checked emails and stuff, I spent some time cutting up some more scraps etc. Tomorrow I'll catch up with some more chores, and I'm even going to finish up a little bit of painting in the lounge room. Happy days, I'm feeling more calm already!

The kids are on school holidays right now, so we have two weeks together to spend some quality time. Next week a small interruption to the q-time, Marty is going to take them over to the beach house for a few days for a little Daddy bonding time. How fun - as much as I'll miss them, I'll have uninterrupted quilting time - yay for me! I can't even imagine how much quilting I'll be able to get done!

And on a completely different note ... I had a surprise the other day that almost made my hearts stop completely still. I mentioned the other day about three blogs that I adore, but you know - I'm totally unworthy, so wouldn't deign to email them re the Thinking Blogger Award thingy that has been circulating recently. Well now ... one of the three was The Crochet Dude - Drew Emborsky. And he only commented on my blog to tell me I could email him anytime. Ohhhh my! First up, whatever was he doing here? And second up, OMG he commented! Now, I don't usually get all worked up over hero worship type issues, but goodness me ... it just made me feel all happy inside, you know? What a sweet guy! I would just laugh the insanity laugh if next Crazy Aunt Purl stopped by ... I think I'd need a de-fib machine on standby ...

Well, that's it from me, I've a sock on the go, and a little piecing, I'll give you some more show and tell when it's not sooooo late ...

9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I hear you! Laurie has been by my blog & she said that it is o.k., if I refer to her as CrAP. :o)

Bonnie said...

Ah - you made me laugh! (The hero worship paragraph).

I understand about the disorganized state. I get all upset when my house or quilting area is messy.

Fiona said...

Personally I find there are always a few balls on the floor - usually covered in dust in a corner.

atet said...

Umm...you mean those balls are supposed to be in the air? Not stuck under the couch with a few gummy and sticky bits attached? Seriously -- I know what you mean, but my "catch up" won't be until May. Until then, the few bits of sewing are my therapy. Glad you have some order back, it does feel good.

Unknown said...

I've been dealing with this BIG TIME since I got talked into becoming full-time at work. Something has to go, and it's usually the house. And the quality of the food. And unfortunately the amount of quilting output has been directly affected too.

I'm continually amazed and inspired by your output, Tazzie.

Jenni said...

I love Crazy Aunt Purl too - she cracks me up. I have looked at the Crochet Dude too, but I don't comment on those blogs - not worthy enough!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I am right with you about the 'too many balls being juggled issue'. I go from there to 'not waving-drowning!' quite quickly so it's good to have a catch up and take a breath. Tracey

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I linked here from Fiona to look at your peacock feather quilting, could you possibly catch up with me on where I would find that? Tracey

Shelina said...

I'm not so good at juggling either. I try to do something from all of my aspects of my life everyday, but sometimes the something just isn't enough, and I have to play catchup. Of course painting is extra, so you seem to have been doing more than your fair share of just keeping up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails