Thursday, April 12, 2007

Blue and Cream top done

The blue and cream borders are finally done! I'm sorry I can't show you a fulll size picture, there just isn't room in the sewing room to spread it out entirely, the kids are in the lounge where I would normally take pictures, and since they're not well, I'm going to leave them in peace.

It was fun putting the borders on, and I just let the placement of the blue and cream fall where they may, I didn't want to agonise over it too much. I'll have fun quilting on this one, I know I want to use a variegated blue thread, but I need to decide if I want to use one of those lovely YLI cones, or if I want to get some rayon. I love the sheen of the rayon threads, but I love the weight of the YLI thread. I'll think on it later on.

Almost exactly one year ago, I was getting set to travel to the USA to spend some time with my wonderful friend Linda. I just can't believe how fast this past year has gone. It really just seems like yesterday. We spent time together in California, and travelled with members of her quilt group to Paducah - Wow, what an experience!. Thank you so much to Linda and Jerry for being such wonderful hosts. The quilt show in Paducah is drawing near, and Linda and her group are preparing to set off again. How much do I wish I was there with them? I'm looking forward to hearing all about their adventures!

And now to my 'tag' from May Britt. She has received a Thinking Blogger award, and has bestowed one upon me also. Here is the link to the award. I feel so unworthy of her praise, but thank you so much for your kind words May Britt. I had to think overnight about my five favourite blogs, and gosh it's hard to do. Many that I read regularly have already been tagged, and there are three that I don't feel worthy enough to email them *lol*. The ones I love, but wouldn't dare email are: The Yarn Harlot, Crazy Aunt Purl and The Crochet Dude. Go ahead and visit them and revel in their wonderfulness.

The five I'm going to list are going to be because they each have something a little extra happening in my life, there are so many more blogs that I read each day and look forward to seeing that they've been updated ...

One: Bonnie from Quiltville. I know Bonnie has been tagged already, but how could I not mention a quilter I have 'known' for almost ten years. We worked on our DJ quilts together way back when we were members of the DJ list. Bonnie is responsible almost entirely for my love of scrap quilts. Bonnie has said it herself, 'we go way back'.

Two: Tonya - our favourite Lazy Gal. How special did I feel when she took me under her wing to help me break free from the points police. The take the leap challenge was one of the hardest and yet also easiest things I've ever done. Thank you Tonya

Three: Kathie from Threadlines. Kathie was so kind to share a bag pattern with me last year - thank you so much hon. I think Kathie is the quilter/knitter I'd like to be - she's really stylish. I don't know if it's necessarily true, but I feel like should I actually meet her, she'd be the one in the designer outfit and I'd be the one in a trakkie. I almost feel unworthy ... but gosh she's just so darn nice :-)

Four: Forest Jane. Jane is such a honey - not so long ago she asked me if I'd be interested in helping out with a project she had going on at the Library about Australia. I don't think I've ever been asked a question that cracked me up quite so much ... she passed on that one of the children asked "Why do the Aboriginals make such salty cracker spread?". I don't know if you have to be Aussie to think that's amusing ... but I tell you, I laughed ... and I laughed some more! Jane was so kind to send me such a box of treats - and one of the children sent me a set of mardi gras beads, what a darling :-)

Five: Computerpeach Kim. She knows how anal retentive I can be about my blog, and how I just hate it when things aren't spaced just right. She was a darling and logged in for me and fixed up a picture in my sidebar when it was just a couple of pixels from where I wanted it to be. I'm sure she thinks I'm not quite all there! Also, the wonderful fabric diet buttons she makes, that help me so much to stay on track. I have spent so little on fabric lately - and I just really dont need to. Thank you so much Kim, you're amazingly clever!

Really, if I have ever commented on your blog, you're one of my favourites - so go ahead and award yourself anyways. So hard to limit myself to five blogs, and yet so time consuming to write something about all my favourites.

Have a great day everyone!

23 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Love the blue & cream quilt!

Anonymous said...

The blue and cream quilt looks amazing. I love the border.

Deb Geyer said...

Lovely quilt!!

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt! The borders you did are perfect.

Gail said...

Wow! the blue and cream is fantastic, the borders turned out so well, especially with the narrow tan to set them apart.

Joyce said...

Just love the border you have put on the blue and cream quilt. Well done!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, wonderful blue and cream quilt. That pieced border takes it to a completely different level in the stratosphere.

And thanks for the nice words. Stylish? That's a lot to live up to, as I sit here in my mismatched sweatshirt and sweatpants. But it gives me something to live up to.

Silverthimble said...

The blue and cream quilt is just as beautiful in person as it was in the graphic! I love it!

Teodo said...

This quilt is perfect.
I like the colours I like the grafic. It's wonderful.
ciao ciao

Saska said...

Love it! The border is really a good final touch. GOod job.

Anne Ida said...

Your blue and cream are gorgeous!

Darlene said...

Beautiful quilt, Tazzie!

McIrish Annie said...

I love your blue & cream top! I think it's great that a gal who describes herself as anal retentive just "went with it" with the scrappy border! I know how hard it is to step out of that box. The quilt is beautiful!!

Helen in the UK said...

The borders are wonderful. Particularly like the strippy fabric you used as the inner border - nice chance of 'pace' :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Tazzie, your blue and cream quilt is gorgeous! I just love the border on it! It turned out wonderful! And it is so fun to see what 5 blogs people pick. It is way too hard to pick!

Chookyblue...... said...

Love this. This is so my fav colours. The borders works well. Now what to do? Keep up the wonderful sewing..........

atet said...

Love, Love, Love the borders on the quilt. I could almost re-think my aversion to blue...hmmmnnn...

Hanne said...

The blue and cream top is lovely Tazzie. How big is it?

Tonya Ricucci said...

You're such a sweetie - thank you. Now when are you going to try another leap?

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks! You can email me anytime you want! =)

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I love the blue/cream! The border is perfect (and what a great way to keep using up scrap squares :c)

Thanks for the blog award mention! I am honored...It's been so fun to know you and sew with you over the past 10 years or so!

Bonnie

Jenni said...

This quilt has turned out beautifully Tazzie. I love it, and the borders are perfect.

ForestJane said...

I'm really honored with the mention. :)

Oh, and the border to that quilt turned out perfectly, didn't it! Someone was telling me how we all love bright colors, wild patterns for quilts, but when it comes right down to it, the ones we really want on our beds often turn out to be the more ... sedate? Is that the word I want? But it is interesting that both you and I are working on a huge blues/beige/tan quilt - not for wall hanging, but for actual use on a big bed... :)

And I guess it is funny to think of the aboriginals working in the Kraft factories, bottling vegemite... lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails