Here it is - I finished my first mitt this evening. I'm just so thrilled with it. I've never tried to knit anything where I had to put stitches on waste yarn, and it just wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be.
Do you see that little bit of yarn on the cutting mat? That's all I had left from one ball of yarn. I managed to get one sock and one mitt from a 50g ball of Patonyle. It will be interesting to see if I manage to get the same mileage out of the other ball. I've already got the other sock, but I guess it will come down to how much is wasted when I match up the colour. I want the mitts to be twins if possible.
On a funny note ... I just showed Marty the mitt I'm wearing right now ... and he wondered it I'm trying to emulate Michael Jackson's one glove look. I better knit the other one up quick smart!!
If you would like the pattern, and missed the link the other day, here it is. I made my mitt significantly shorter than the one featured, I wouldn't have had the yarn for anything longer. In the pattern, it also states that it should take around 2 hours to knit up a mitt. I can assure you it took me a good deal longer than that!
Just in case I don't have a chance to post over the weekend, I would like to take the opportunity to wish you all a Happy Easter. We'll have a wonderful long weekend, and I hope you all do too!