Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sharing

I still have my nose to the grindstone here, and thankfully, I'm enjoying the work I'm doing. Just thought I'd share a couple of the projects I've been quilting on. The pictures were taken with my cell phone, so forgive the quality of the photos.

This is Helen's Oriental Traditions quilt. It's a block of the month project. I don't mind admitting I was a little nervous to work on it, as it's one of the largest items I've quilted for someone else. She's super thrilled with it, and I don't mind admitting that I was really happy with it too. I'm growing in confidence with every project.

And this is Robyn's quilt. I can't recall what it's called, but I'm sure someone can enlighten me, it's from a recent publication of Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine. This is to be a wedding gift, I sure would like to be the one receiving it. I feathered the border and sashing strips, added dimension to the flowers and leaves, and then meandered around in the background. I love the colours in the quilt, they're so vibrant.

Tonight I'm working on a lovely quilt made from charm squares, and when it's done, I have some stippling to do on an Infinity quilt. Busy, busy, busy. :-)

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Ah, but what beautiful grindstones to put your nose on!

Clare said...

You're right. Those colours really pop. Beautiful quilting for a beautiful quilt.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

You certainly did a beautiful job on Helen's Quilt. Keep grinding away. Hope I can be 1/2 as good on my new PCQ.

Linda Z

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails