Sunday, August 24, 2008

A finish!

Do not adjust your set, you read that correctly, I have had a finish!

This is a table runner I put together for a charm square workshop (I can't remember if it was this year or last year) and I never got around to quilting it. Well, yesterday I decided to change that.

I quilted peacock feathers in four rows, two rows following the direction of the braids, and a row in each border in the opposite direction. Super easy. The thread was my favourite variegated YLI thread in the Caffe Romano colourway. I bound it with a reproduction stripe fabric from my stash, and it's now done! Feels good to complete a project that has been sitting around for a while.

10 comments:

Teresa said...

Ok..I don't know what a peacock quilt design looks like. I enlarged your picture and still could not see it. Think you could get a better picture? I am really interested to see how it looks. Your braids are very nice!

Mary said...

It looks very nice - feels good to finish something doesn't it?

quiltmom said...

HI Tazzie,
A lovely little table runner - a very nice design and some nice quilting too.
It is always good to finish a project.
Regards,
Anna

Lynne in Hawaii said...

Done is really good! And it looks wonderful!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

Excuse the above deleted comment..I made a spelling mistake and it was a bit ride!! What a meant to say was that I love your fabric and the runner looks terrific!! Cathyxx

Litamora's Patchwork and Quilting said...

Your table runner looks great! Look forward to your next project. I love your blog, and I am visiting your blog quite often:-)

Quilt Hollow said...

I love your peacock quilting and have been doing it now on several of my projects. It is so easy to do and I'm finding I enjoy it better than meandering.

Karen said...

You sure do a nice job quilting. The pattern you used for piecing this quilt is different and I like it very much. Would make a nice larger size quilt.

Quilt Nut said...

love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails