Sunday, August 24, 2008

A finish!

Do not adjust your set, you read that correctly, I have had a finish!

This is a table runner I put together for a charm square workshop (I can't remember if it was this year or last year) and I never got around to quilting it. Well, yesterday I decided to change that.

I quilted peacock feathers in four rows, two rows following the direction of the braids, and a row in each border in the opposite direction. Super easy. The thread was my favourite variegated YLI thread in the Caffe Romano colourway. I bound it with a reproduction stripe fabric from my stash, and it's now done! Feels good to complete a project that has been sitting around for a while.

10 comments:

Teresa said...

Ok..I don't know what a peacock quilt design looks like. I enlarged your picture and still could not see it. Think you could get a better picture? I am really interested to see how it looks. Your braids are very nice!

Mary Johnson said...

It looks very nice - feels good to finish something doesn't it?

quiltmom anna said...

HI Tazzie,
A lovely little table runner - a very nice design and some nice quilting too.
It is always good to finish a project.
Regards,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Done is really good! And it looks wonderful!

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Excuse the above deleted comment..I made a spelling mistake and it was a bit ride!! What a meant to say was that I love your fabric and the runner looks terrific!! Cathyxx

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Your table runner looks great! Look forward to your next project. I love your blog, and I am visiting your blog quite often:-)

Anonymous said...

I love your peacock quilting and have been doing it now on several of my projects. It is so easy to do and I'm finding I enjoy it better than meandering.

Karen said...

You sure do a nice job quilting. The pattern you used for piecing this quilt is different and I like it very much. Would make a nice larger size quilt.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails