Friday, August 29, 2008

Beginnings and Endings

Here you see a beginning - a new project for me to play with. It's a beginners needle turn applique project, a table runner. I can't get most of it in the picture, but that's okay, I can tease you with it over a little while. Some of these fabrics are ooooold ones - they've been in my stash a while. Some are fabrics that Linda has sent over to me. They're like good friends :-)

I still need to make up a pile of bias strips for stems and put leaves in place. Nothing is stitched down yet, and placement and pieces could change so much! Beginnings are wonderful - full of possibilities.

And here is an ending. The end result of work I did many months ago. This is my Spring Fling quilt. This issue actually came out last week, so be sure to check your newsagent. I know that Quiltaholics has sold out of them already. (Thank you Cheryl for giving me your copy.)

My quilt is in Australian Patchwork and Quilting, Vol 17 No 2, September 2008.

This was a really fun quilt to work on, and I love the needle turn applique technique with batik fabric - the weave of the fabric is just so nice.

7 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

They are lovely, both your beginning and your ending. The September issue will turn up here in October, so I'll keep an eye out for it!

Melanie said...

I love your color variation--- The Purple is great...

Clare said...

What a great start and the ending is WOW! I love the colours. Is it really 28 days until shoe and fabric shopping? Doesn't time fly! Get Amy to send Alex a card from Disney!!!!

Myra said...

Your beginning looks great so far, and your fabric colors in your ending are simply delicious! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Toni said...

Looks great cant wait to see the whole thing..Toni

Emma said...

Congratulations on Spring Fling! I thought it looked great!

Mary Johnson said...

Your Spring Fling quilt is lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails