Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bricks and Stepping Stones

I have been just hanging to get into my scrap boxes lately, so yesterday I spent the whole day putting together matchstick units from Bonnie's Bricks and Stepping Stones scrap project.

It was really fun to get into the 3.5" strips, and while I didn't make a huge dent, I could actually see a small reduction in the scrap box. What I did manage is this: I have NO black fabric left in my stash at all. NONE!

So, yesterday I completed all the matchstick units, and sewed a few together, but then I just knew I had to get back to deadlines and work on other things. I have a needleturn applique project I must finish super fast, and still a number of tops to be quilted among other things. Let's see how much I can get done.

4 comments:

Myra said...

I just checked out the link to Bricks and Stepping Stone. What lovely quilts, simple yet effective... Another project to add to my list! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Helen in the UK said...

I've made one of Bonnie's B&SS quilts - they are great for using up stash and because of the high contrast with the black/white sections you can use up lots of 'medium' tones if you want to! Look forward to seeing more of yours when time/commitments allow :)

Ruth said...

Ditto, Myra! Just what I was going to say. That is a really neat looking quilt!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Bonnie's B&SS is a great way to use up some "unloved" fabric. I have one on the bed right now, backed with fleece and it is so cuddly. I think what makes it that way is I participated in an internet swap for these blocks, and they came from all over the world. Makes me smile to look at them all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails