Saturday, October 20, 2007

Treats and Tops

First up, I'd like to say a huge thank you to Linda Z. Linda was the winner of my one year bloggiversary table runner a little while back. What a sweet treat she sent me - it's a Thimbleberries pattern - and she had been to retreat at the Main Street Cotton Shop, and had Lynette Jensen sign it just for me! What a treasure! The pattern is really cute too, and I know I'll make up the quit sometime. Thank you once again Linda :-)

Here is the Sunbonnet Sue quilt top which I completed last night. The shop had offered to finish this quilt for a lady who was unwell, and I had been working on it in spare moments while there. Those spare moments have been becoming scarcer, so this week I decided to bring it home and finish it off. If I can manage it, I'd like to baste it today so I can start quilting on it tonight. My ultimate goal is to have it ready for binding on Wednesday. Lets see if I can keep up the momentum.

I'm also quilting another quilt top for a customer, and that's around one third finished. Also a project I'd like to have done by mid next week - as I believe I'll be receiving two more tops to quilt on Wednesday or Thursday. It's all hapenning!

Thank you also to Rose for a recent award, and to Elsie for tagging me. I hope I can get to them soon! Have a great weekend everyone :-)

2 comments:

mereth said...

You've certainly been busy with the sewing, haven't you? I like quilting for others (like you, I only do it on my domestic machine) and I've got three lined up now. Two I actually have to set together as well, so I know that's going to take a while to do. I don't think I'll be doing anything for myself for a while, but when the Statler gets here I can pull out some tops and play with them.
What are you doing next weekend? Crystal Brook is having a quilt show on Friday till Sunday, you should come up and see us!

loulee said...

The Sue quilt is lovely, I'm sure the customer will very much appreciate your input.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails