Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Coasters and Sunbonnet Sue

On Monday morning I finished putting together the top of my 'Galaxy of Scraps' quilt. I would like to further 'stash bust' with it, and when I'm ready I'll piece a back for it. I love Bonnie's 10" squares back idea, and use it whenever I can.

Next on my agenda for that day was to put together the back for the Sunbonnet Sue quilt. The lady who I'm making this for had included some yardage, so I just had to chop it in half and put it back together again - easy!

Later that evening I pinned the quilt and set to quilting, and wouldn't you believe it, I ran out of the pink thread! I'm experiencing deja vu here :-) Because I was due at the quilt store today, I decided not to run out and get thread locally but to wait. So ... this meant I was looking for something to do last night ...

I've had a lot of orders from quilt stores for my Log Cabin Table Runner patterns, which meant that I've been playing with my Thimbleberries Christmas squares - so I wanted to play with it some more ... I didn't feel like making up log cabin blocks just now, but thought I'd make up some Christmas Shoo-Fly coasters. They were fun to make, and I see more in my future.

They're in my Etsy store if you're interested ...

This evening after I pick up Amy from netball, I'll get busy quilting some more on Sunbonnet Sue - I think I have a customer dropping off two more quilts for me tomorrow, so I need to get busy!

Hope you all have a grrrrrrrrreat Halloween everyone!

6 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

The coasters look great Tazzie!!! Have u seen the new Thimbleberries range??? I love their fabrics yet this range is quite disappointing!!
Good luck with the Sunbonnet Sue quilt, it looks great!!!

KC Quilter said...

Great projects by YOU, as usual!

loulee said...

Geeeez Girl, do you stop for breath?

I like the Sue quilt.

Anonymous said...

your quilting is so wonderful. What kind of machine do you use?

Do you do the feathers/designs freehand.

Thanks.

Mary

julieQ said...

How fun!! I love that Sun Bonnett Sue quilt.

JulieQ

Angela said...

Everything is so pretty. You really have an eye for color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails