Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Another start

Yesterday afternoon I sent my 'Sisters Choice Medallion' quilt off to the publisher. It doesn't matter how many times I've done it, I always wonder if it will get there okay, and have a little pang at saying goodbye for the time being. Regardless of that, it's another deadline met, and I'm now marching to a new drum

This morning I received a commissioning letter for a quilt I designed yesterday, so I have a new deadline of 21 November. This will be another scrap quilt, and I'm putting scraps from the last couple of projects to use immediately. I'm using the 'project box' from the last quilt, so I just tipped out the leftovers and cut them up for this quilt. It doesn't look all that interesting so far, but hopefully it'll be more inspiring as I go along.

I have also got about one hour of machine quilting left to do on the second of a customer's quilts. I will then apply the binding for her - ready for her to hand sew down. I know I've got a couple more machine quilting projects lined up for me, but they're not in my hands yet, so I can take a little break from it.

The house is very quiet this morning - Amy is still away with my parents at the beach house, and Cam is spending the day with our day care lady - she's taking a little group of five kids to visit the library. They're sure to have a lovely time. I'm going to sew until about lunchtime, and then I'm going to set to cleaning Cameron's room. It's a much easier task when he's not around. When he helps (which is so sweet) he always finds things he's forgotten about and wants to play.

So that's my day - what are you up to today? :-)

9 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, good for you getting another quilt commissioned. It sure is going to keep you busy! I can't wait to see it!

Emma said...

Well done! I have been reading your blog for about a month now and thoroughly enjoy it! Do you really want to know what people were up to today? In the gaps between tending 2 under 2, I cut more strips for a bright log cabin quilt; to be stitched tomorrow when the elder is at child care!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new design! What am I up to today? Sitting around waiting for baby to arrive, cruising the internet and a little hand quilting, nothing exciting.

Marilyn Robertson said...

I am looking forward to seeing the progress of your newest quilt. What am I doing today? I am planning on an afternoon of sewing outside in my gazebo. We are being blessed with some beautiful fall weather and I intend to take advantage of it!

dee said...

It's no surprise that you got another order-your work is stunning. Can't wait to see what you're up to next. I'm still trying to get my act together after vacation and all the after-vacation stuff. My fingers are itching to get back to sewing.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Can't wait to see the new project. And you've been "tagged."

loulee said...

Sounds busy busy busy.

Tanya said...

You really get a lot done even though you have little ones in the house! I need to get my house and quilting in a little more focus!

Unknown said...

Now that looks like an interesting start to another quilt. Will be watching it progress. You certainly seem to get plenty of business.

I've beem pieceing a scrap flannel quilt for my son and family for Christmas. Flannel I've had a long time. Time to put it to good use., like you do.h

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails