Friday, October 26, 2007

On guard!

Just a short time ago I ambled into the sewing room - you know - to pet the fabric, and think about what I might like to work on later today ... and look what I found :-)

It's like Holly has laid claim to some of my recent quilts. Or perhaps she's 'guarding' them. Whatever she's up to, she's certainly comfy!

And here's a fun link for you ... Australian Patchwork and Quilting ... it's their 'current issue' page, and you can see one of my quilts at the bottom of the page there. I don't know how long it will be before they change it out for the next issue, but I expect it will be a couple of weeks at least. You'll have seen that quilt in progress some months ago - how fun!

And last up for today, I thought I'd take a quiz that's doing the rounds - What colour am I? Do you think it's accurate? What colour are you?

you are lightcyan
#E0FFFF

Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.

Your saturation level is very low - you have better things to do than jump headfirst into every little project. You make sure your actions are going to really accomplish something before you start because you hate wasting energy making everyone else think you're working.

Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
the spacefem.com html color quiz

14 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

And I just got my issue in the mail today and saw it for real in the mag! Holly is so adorable!

Darcie said...

Oh my! She's all grown up! Lovely stack of quilts she's the Queen of!

We have three baby kittens...and I think one of them is trying to tell me that she wants to become a housecat. ;-) lol

tami said...

Holly is so cute. I think she is guarding the quilts. Kitties always find the softest places to lay.

Quilt Monkey said...

I just love this picture! When I saw it, it struck me how much it looks like a miniature foundation-pieced quilt pattern made by MH Designs. Here is a link to the pattern: http://www.mhquiltdesigns.com/images/patterns/novelty/MH640.jpg (I hope that works). I bought this pattern years ago and still haven't made it. Some day...

Bonnie said...

What a great picture of Holly and those wonderful quilts.

(I have that MH Design pattern also - see comment above - and also have not done it yet. Your picture is better!)

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Hi Tazzie!
I loved your blog! So beautiful! And you have a cat!!!!!
Quilting and cats are my passion!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I used to have a kitty named Holly too! Her sister was Heidi :c)

I love the stack of quilts...and the 9 patch medly is a great one! I'd love to use that setting for dealing with some of these shirt plaids, may I?! :cD

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

The perfect picture of the princess and the pea!

Unknown said...

What an adorable picture. Queen of the HIll.

QuiltMom said...

Hi Tazzie,
I love Australian Patchwork and Quilting and I will look forward to seeing the full size quilt in the magazine- it usually takes a little longer to buy the magazine here in Canada. I'm sure I will see it soon.
Your orange cat is beautiful. We have an orange kitty too- Her name is Mars and she is indeed a princess - She would love this pile of quilts to sleep on.
Thanks for sharing,
Regards from a Western Canadian Quilter,
Anna

Tonya Ricucci said...

sweetie girl just doing what a cat's got to do! great pic.

Jenni said...

Nothing like being up high to watch the slaves (humans) walking around pandering to my every whim...

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Holly looks so happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails