Monday, October 29, 2007

Getting there ...

Here's where I got up to last night putting the rows together of my 'Galaxy of Scraps' quilt. Thank you for helping me be sure about my setting triangles. I'm glad I didn't go with the more plain fabric - I wouldn't have been happy with it in the end.

I have three more rows to go, and then I'll call the top done. If I get the opportunity, I'd like to put the back of the Sunbonnet Sue quilt together this morning before I head out for my lunch date today. Maybe I should do it first ...

But back to the scraps - isn't it amazing how far our scraps go ... I still have sooooo many 2.5" squares. I've had to stop cutting them for the time being, and I'm concentrating on 2" and 3.5" at the moment. I have 1.5" too ... but I don't use them as much ... but seeing Bonnie's trees ... Ohhh - what would I give for a few more hours in the day :-)

15 comments:

mereth said...

The different setting material was definitely a good idea, it's looking wonderful now. The scraps are scary if you think about them,they do go a long way and you never get rid of the ghastly ones. The checkerboard blocks are a good way to use them up, great mindless sewing too.
We'll be having the show again in two years, and we'll make sure you get up here. Keryn and I will be at the show next month, so we'll have to meet each other there- we'll be at the Gammill stand again.

Toni said...

Wow what a pretty scrap quilt..I have to get some time to sew and use up some scraps...thanks for sharing..toni

Shelina said...

It looks beautiful. You certainly get more done in a day than I do.
I'm afraid to use too many of my scraps, because it took me a while to collect them and I'm afraid I'll use them all, but from reading from you and others, I think that I should just take the plunge.

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks beautiful and those setting triangles were a great idea. I love Bonnie's trees, too. Meant to cut some squares this weekend for a leader/ender project, but never found the time. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Setting triangles are looking good! Still can't believe how much you get done...how many quilts have you done for AP&Q this year, wow!!

loulee said...

It's looking great, you sure fly when you get going.
I enjoyed seeing and reading about Bonnies quilt. Thanks for that, another blog to add to the already long reading list! LOL

Rose Johnston said...

Looks fantastic Tazzie!!! U amaze me with how much u fit in ur day!!! R there more hours there than in Tassie lol???
Hugs xxx

Darcie said...

I think you get tons done in the days that you have! This quilt is superb! Soooo many little squares equals something so very stunning. Well done!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh yes, the patterned setting triangles are working out great! It is looking wonderful! You think you need a few more hours - I need a TON more hours in a day!

Elaine Adair said...

Just lovely!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful.

Jeanne said...

Tazzie, you make the best quilts! I love this one, too.

Kathy said...

Oh Wow! I just love this quilt -- great job!

Tanya said...

Again you've made an absolutely stunning quilt (well, I mean you're sitll making it of course...) It just calls to the viewer. I'm putting a picture of it in my files for inspiration. Just lovely!

Kim said...

Great quilt, Tazzie! And which of us doesn't want more hours to quilt?! Let me know if you figure out a solution! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails