Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More quilting :-)

Today I spent most of the day teaching at the quilt store - not many places I'd rather be :-) After I got home and dinner and sporting activities were out of the way, it was back to quilting on this beauty.

I've been working on it off and on as I get the chance, it's for one of my Thursday girls. You can see it's one of those wonderful split nine patch patterns, and Janine has made it up beautifully. I wish I could remember the fabric range off hand, but of course it's kinda late, so the brain is getting fuzzier. It's just gorgeous though, and I'm loving working on it.

I thought I'd include a picture of the back for you - Janine chose a really cute red, green and gold Mettler variegted thread, and the back shows it off wonderfully (not that you can see the colours in the picture very well - but trust me, they're there!).

As you know, I'm a bit of a two trick pony with my freemotion quilting - it's meandering or peacock feathers as a rule - and on this quilt it's the peacock feathers. I thought I'd get it finished tonight - but wouldn't you know it, with about three square feet to go, I ran out of thread. Just one of those things - I'll grab a reel tomorrow, and if I get a shop sample done, I'll finish this quilt up while I'm at the store.

Nothing else of any interest to show you right now - I'll check back with you all really soon - I promise! x o x

11 comments:

Darlene said...

I love your peacock feathers - wish I could do them as well as you do! Wait, I can't do them at all. LOL That quilt is beautiful the thread is perfect for the quilting.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely colors. And I really like those swirlies!

Melanie said...

This is simply beautifful... How do you do it without a long arm? You really are gifted.

mereth said...

You may only have two tricks Pony, but you can certainly do them beautifully.And extra bonus for doing them on a domestic machine too. I'm sure Janine will love what you've done.

Silverthimble said...

This is a beauty! Love the freehand peacock meander!

julieQ said...

Such beautiful quilting!! I love your peacock feathers!

JulieQ

Yvonne said...

Your peacock feathers are gorgeous!

Maria said...

love the matching of the back and the thread janine chose, and love the peacock feather quilting. congratulations to both of you

Quilts And Pieces said...

That quilt is beautiful! And I still love that peacock feather quilting. I've tried it but it is not at all as beautiful as yours!

loulee said...

That does look lovely Tazzie, I might have to have a try at the peacock feathers, thanks for the inspiration.

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous quilt! love those feathers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails