Sunday, October 14, 2007

More scrappage ...

Don't groan ... but yes, I've made two more sewing machine mats. One is a gift for a precious friend, and the other is a class sample. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I hand out a fun scrap pattern to my students each quarter at the quilt store.

What I had started doing was cutting the 3.5" strips required for the tumblers I showed you earlier. The fabrics I had selected to use, once I cut two 3.5" strips, there was just enough left for a 2.5" strip, so I decided to cut that up to use toward the machine mat.

This afternoon I'll write up the directions for the mats, and I can hand them out this week at the shop. I'm so looking forward to getting back to working at the shop - I don't work during the school holidays, and honestly - I think the kids in many ways are looking forward to heading back to school. The holidays have been busy, and it will be nice to get back into our normal routine.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice pattern to share with your classes this quarter.

What size will you be doing the tumbler quilt?

Helen said...

What a great idea, to use the scraps for a sewing machine mat. I've ordered the tumbler and kaleidoscope templates :)
Too bad I don't live in OZ to follow your class, like cathi I like your mats.
Happy quilting!

Hedgehog said...

Just love the fabrics you've used in this mat. Maybe I need a sewing machine mat.... :)

chook said...

i wish I was in your class I would love to make a sewing machine mat as well

Chookyblue...... said...

love the sewing mats.........the class would be fun......

Joyce said...

The sewing machine mat is so cute. I think I need to make one. I have lots of small squares of different colors that would be perfect.

Anonymous said...

I made a Taz-Mat!! What a great idea. When I am sewing away from home (ie: retreats, girl-friend get -aways, vacations etc) my whole system is disrupted but my Taz-Mat really pulls things together. Scissors, seam ripper, pins, chapstick and lets not forget a piece of CHOCOLATE right where I need them and my machine stays where I need it to as well, no walking across the table....thanks for the idea. I have some of the same prints left that I am considering making covers for the seat and back of my sewing chair.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Tazzie - I love this one! This is so my colors! And I love the background fabric! What a cute idea to hand out a scrap pattern! I wish I could come play at the quilt store with you!

Unknown said...

More of that lovely purple creeping in there? The mats are great!

Beertje Zonn said...

I love the fabrics!
Kind regards,

Sonnja

Anonymous said...

Hi Tazzie- enjoyed looking at your two new projects (quilts)- very nice! Don't forget to post a picture of your new hair style. &:-)
Linda

Anonymous said...

any chance we can buy your mat pattern??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails