And here it is - the 'Back Home Again' top is complete! I knew that once I finished putting the rows together that the rest of it would go together quickly.
Last night at around 12.30 I finished with the rows, and this morning as soon as I'd had breakfast, I set about cutting up and stitching on the final borders.
There are a couple of changes I made from the directions of the original quilt. Firstly, the cutting info called for you to cut the corner and setting triangles in such a way that you have bias edges all along where you attach the borders. I changed it so the edges are on the straight grain.
Secondly, though you can't see it well in the picture, I mitred the corners of the inner and outer border - this wasn't done in the original quilt, and for me, I just like the mitred finish better, especially when using a border stripe like the small inner border.
This will be as far as I get with the top for a while - there will be no quilting just yet. I've already delivered the quilt to the store, so it can be there on display as soon as they open after the Christmas/New Year break. It feels just wonderful to have a project crossed off the to-do list.