Friday, December 19, 2008

Moving right along ...

Here is the end result of my sewing today (and I don't mind saying I'm really pleased with it). Two rows complete with setting and corner triangles, and one border print set between them. The picture looks really wonky because I just threw the top over the ironing board, and was too lazy to turn the picture to the side. But if you tilt your head, and squint your eyes, it looks really good!

And these are some meringues that Camo and I made this afternoon. Not something I usually undertake, but of course they had a purpose ...

Marty and his mates went away to the beach house last weekend. When he came home, he had some of the excess groceries with him, amongst which was a vast amount of eggs, and three whole packages of bacon! Well, the family put in a request for Pasta Carbonara, which I dutifully made on Wednesday night - that took care of a lot of the bacon, and according to my Donna Hay recipe book, four egg yolks. I can't bear to waste, so I put the whites in the fridge, and they became the focus of today's baking. The family declared them excellent, and they'll definitely be on the menu again.

Hope you're all ready for Christmas - I can't believe there's less than a week to go. I'll be in the midst of a wrapping flurry tomorrow - I hope my paper supplies last!

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt is looking beautiful!

loulee said...

You know I did actually turn my head to one side? It looks good which ever way I turn.

Linda said...

The quilt is absolutely stunning! I really like the border print there!
Lurking Linda

McIrish Annie said...

I love how this is coming out. It reminds me of the "blended quilts" that were the rage a few years back. very striking!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Tazzie - it is beautiful! And the desserts look AWESOME! I"ll be over!

Elaine Adair said...

oh my gosh -- beeeeautifullllll quilt AND desserts! Yummy on both counts.

Love to see the kids in the fields - that's what life should be all about. 8-))

Happy New Year!!!

Jeanne said...

I don't even have to tilt my head or squint to see that is one gorgeous quilt! And oh, boy, do the meringue desserts look delicious.

Teresa said...

Now that quilt looks beautiful no matter how you look at it!! Yummy looking desserts too!

Gari in AL said...

I love your quilt, so very colorful.

ForestJane said...

Tilting your head makes the merangues look pretty good too... lol

Love the quilt, and don't blame you for changing the cutting to eliminate the bias edges, that's always a pain to work with in borders.

Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

I know it's a late comment but I'm experimenting with a new feeds reader. ANyway, your merangues look divine!! I love those!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails