Monday, December 29, 2008

Tomorrow I'll be ...

... jamming! You know - making Apricot jam. I could start tonight, because we've picked about 2.5 kgs already (around 5 pounds), but there are so many that will be ripe tomorrow, it just makes more sense to do a big batch all at once.

We just love apricot jam in this house, and I've never in the past been able to make enough to last the whole year. Our tree is still young and bearing more fruit each year, will this year be the one where I make enough to see us through??

Our peach tree is also groaning with fruit, but they're still some time away from ripening - they're old fashioned Elberta peaches, and I simply cannot wait to be eating them fresh from the tree.

Because I'm not going to be 'jamming' tonight I'll start working on the blocks for the new quilt I drew up recently. I'll be raiding my scrap stash, and as soon as I have something interesting, I'll share my results.

Be good, and I'll check back in soon! x o x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same trouble with not enough apricots off our young tree, but we'd have many more if we knew the secret for keeping the birds from taking their share... LOL If you've a secret for that one please share.

Shari in AZ

Rose Johnston said...

Hmmmmmmmm, I have an 84 year old MIL (which i love to death and who loooooooves apricot jam!!!) so Ill be jamming "apricots" for days yet, her tree just keeps me busy lol!! Cant convince her that "Monbulk" does it better lol......tastes better homemade yeh????
Hugs xxx

Joyce said...

Fresh fruit! I'm so jealous!!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh YUM!! I love apricot jam! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I can almost taste it :cD

Bonnie

Shari said...

Fresh Apricot Jam - sounds divine... a new quilt - sounds interesting...

McIrish Annie said...

I love homemade jam! Sounds like lots of fun.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

ooh your jam looks delicious!!! If you are looking to use up some of those apricots, feel free to send some to me here in Wintery Newfoundland!!! :)

v said...

Aww .. fresh apricot. I would love to have those in my backyard. Yummy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails