Monday, December 01, 2008

Pieced Back

My 2.5" strip bin 'runneth over', so after Mereth talked about piecing a back out of strips the other day, I thought I could make a back for the table runner I made recently, and it may help clear out some of my strippage.

What a motley collection of fabrics! There is an obvious reproduction fabric or two in there, which of course I love, and the toile - another fabric I'm partial to ... but the rest of them? I can't even imagine why I'd have purchased some of them.

The blue fabric which is on the left there is a fabric from my first ever quilt ... which I made back in 1992! I'm always thinking I've used the last of it, and then some more pops up again! Good grief!!

In a moment I'll pin the runner ready for quilting, and then after dinner tonite, I'm going to make some more 'candle mats' for Christmas gifts. You know, teacher gifts and the like. This year is my most disorganised ever - I haven't even purchased or made one gift yet, and that is just not like me! I need to get busy!

8 comments:

Paula said...

When I find an ugly hiding in the the strips, I just deceive myself and say, "Someone must have given me this one!" LOL

Shari said...

The strips will look great for a backing. Backs are always a good place for "what was I thinking" fabrics. Hope you are feeling better!
Cheers

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tazzie, how funny that the blue fabric keeps popping up at you! Maybe it's really gone now. Looking forward to seeing your candle mats.

mereth said...

Well I think your strips are nicer than my strips! I think most of us have a fabric that will not die. For Keryn and me it's a brown microdot from the eighties and it keeps reappearing, just when you think it's dead, like something out of the X Files.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Great Idea! My strip bin runneth over too and it's top of my list in January to do something about them!

Julia said...

Great idea for using up scraps!

Julie said...

Hmmm, I may have to give that a try.

Melanie said...

Great Idea! Even the ugly strips have memories...like-- Remember that great shopping trip or at least the person your were shopping with. I love to look back as see how our tastes change....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails