Yay team! I put together the other two Back Home Again quilt blocks I already had cut out, so I've completed a total of seven so far. I'll have to wait until Tuesday afternoon to make any more, as I've loaned by Easy Angle and Companion Angle to a friend. No problem - I'm sure I have plenty to keep me amused until then. The blocks are so cute, and I can't wait to put the whole top together.
I had planned to make my Buck a Blocks, but while toying with my USA purchases, I found the above pattern. It's by Atkinson Designs, and I remember the very moment I purchased it - I thought it'd be perfect for a fabric I've been so reluctant to cut into. A while back someone had a challenge to use a fabric you just couldn't cut up - and I'd enthusiastically thought of my Lady Liberty fabric. When push came to shove, I just couldn't make that rotary cutter move.
Yesterday was the day, and here is the result of my efforts. I had enough of the fabric to make three runners, so I'll be making up a couple of gifts also. I'm not sure yet how I'll quilt it up, but I'm sure it'll speak to me when I'm ready. I plan to use Mereth's idea of piecing together strips for the back. It's a win-win, using that special fabric, and scrap busting too!