Monday, December 15, 2008

One more block ...

It's taking me a while to get through these blocks, but slowly slowly I'm making progress. I've only one left to make now. This one I made this evening, and the 6" centre section of the block has 53 pieces. All of the tiny red triangles were cut from 1.25" strips. Very fiddly, but very cute. The next block will be more of the same size pieces I'm thinking. If I'm a good girl I may be able to put it together tomorrow. But first I really MUST get some Christmas shopping done.

And speaking of Christmas, it's slowly infiltrating other parts of our home. Here is a little display from the family room, and this is about as decorated as it will get. The tree has been up in the lounge for ages, and that's where Christmas preparations have stood still. I love my little Mikasa Santas, and some day I'll get some more of these pieces. I'd really like to get a nativity scene in the same range. In the background, the two candles in glass lanterns were gifts from my Thursday girls at the store - very unexpected, and so much appreciated - thank you!

I'm off to do some quilting on a Christmas runner, so I'll check back in with you all soon. x o x

7 comments:

MARCIE said...

Your blocks are turning out so neat! Very striking! Love the little Santas too! Merry Christmas Tazzie!

Jeanne said...

That block may be my favorite. Can't wait to see them all together. Merry
Christmas!

Cherold said...

I love your blocks...don't know if I would have the patience or know how to do them. Can't wait to see the quilt put together!!

hugs,
Cheri

Shari said...

I think this is my favourite block so far... you're doing such good work!
Happy Shopping!

Unknown said...

Your blocks are beautiful and I love the colors! It looks like you are having a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I really like the red you used in that block. Beautiful fabric and wonderful shade.

Unknown said...

what a beautiful christmas quilt you've made. It's just what I've been looking for. I am on a mission 2009 to make a christmas project every month and decorate my house as my family are coming to me next year. Did you buy the pattern or was it a kit?

Merry Christmas
Karen from New Zealand

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails