Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Top Finished

Finally, the top is finished. (It looks a little bumpy in the picture, but that's because I just didn't lay it out very well) Thank you all for your wonderful and supportive comments on my progress with this quilt. I always feel like it's not very interesting for you to see blow-by-blow pictures of my projects in progress. But I guess that's how I'm working on stuff, so you get to come along for the ride :-)

I'd like to get quilting on it ASAP, but I forgot to buy batt at the quilt store, so I will have to make some time to go there soon. The back will be made from stash, and I'd like to think I'll put together a scrappy back for it ... let's see how far I go with that idea :-)

Who knew there were so many fans of Lego out there? So you can see how I've been occupying my time with Cameron, here's the city we've been working on. The picture makes it look small and not so interesting, but to give you in idea of size, that red boat to the right of the picture is around 16 inches in length.

He also has a really large passenger airplane that we're dying to put together, but he has misplaced one of the crucial pieces, so I need to decide whether I order a new piece or wait for it to materialise. Lego are wonderful like that, you can get spares as easily as can be.

Last night I made up some peachy goodness - 9 jars of peach conserve. I have never tried it before, but it looks and tastes just lovely. I meant to take a picture to share, but I'll do it next time. I got the recipe from the back of a packet of Fowlers Vacola Jamsetta. I will need to harvest some more peaches tonight, and perhaps this time I'll stew and bottle them. This year we lost most of our apricots to birds. Next year we must remember to net the tree. I think we may even get some oranges later in the year. We have a mini orchard happening!

That's it for now ... catch you later :-)

25 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

Tazzie

I am loving this quilt, its bloody gorgeous!


Lissa

Anonymous said...

How cool about your tropical fruit harvest! It would never be warm enough here for peaches and apricots, and esp. oranges!

Your new quilt looks great! Well done!

atet said...

Mmnn...peaches! Almost as yummy as that blue border on your quilt. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tazzie the quilt looks great, and I love the lego set.

Mary Johnson said...

I tend to post lots of photos of quilts in progress too and wonder if everyone gets tired of seeing them but hey, it's my blog and I like going back through my posts and seeing a quilt develop.

I love this one of yours and have enjoyed the photos you've shared along the way.

Chookyblue...... said...

this quilt looks great..........I love the royal cross pattern.......

loulee said...

My big lad used to love lego too. We'd spend hours building stuff. He's all grown out of that now.

Your quilt looks good, liking the blue border.

~Joan said...

Wow, Tazzie! Another impressive quilt top. How large is this? Will it be hand- or machine-quilted? Not many repeats of the fabrics from my quick perusal. Great job!

I personally like seeing the accomplishment bit by bit. After all, that's how it goes here.

Have a great day, Joan

Anonymous said...

i have been following your journey of your Royal Cross quilt. It looks amazing. Did you hand or machine piece it? I am dying to make it! regards Sue-Anne Jones

Joyce said...

I really enjoy seeing quilts in progress and this one turned out so beautifully. How will you quilt it? THat is always my dilemma.

Vicki W said...

Tazzie, the quilt looks great!

Clare said...

I like seeiing quilts in progress. You get to pick up tips too.

Great Lego town. Hope you manage to get the spare parts!

xx

Silverthimble said...

I love the quilt! I didn't mind seeing the progress on this one! I really like the circles that form from the placement of the fabrics.

Pam said...

Tazzie, your quilt is beautiful! I have so enjoyed watching the progress of this quilt ~ borders are perfect!

Lego....I don't believe any little boy's life could possibly be complete without Lego! They are heck to step on in the middle of the night but during the day they are a world of fun! Cameron's town is a safe one with all the emergency departments covered nicely!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

canquilt said...

The quilt is beautiful! We all know and understand the process and that is the great part of blogging; being able to share the process with each other.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Tazzie! I LOVE it! It looks wonderful! I can't wait to make it too! I love the lego city! So cool!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Fantastic fantastic fantastic. I've really enjoyed following the progress of this quilt and look forward to seeing how you quilt it!

Quilter Kathy said...

I am so jealous of your fresh fruit...especially peaches.
Can you post a photo of what a peach tree looks like?

Floss said...

I think the borders you added to the quilt are perfect.

One of the things I mess most with living in Canada is not having a back yard full of fruit trees.

Elaine Adair said...

I just KNEW it would be beautiful! Great job, girl!

(love that Leggo town)

Julia said...

Great, now I want to make a quilt like this too. lol

My 7 year old son loves legos and kinex too. In fact, he spent the evening here in my sewing room with me building lost of fun things.

dee said...

I'm late to the game but here goes. Your quilt is beautiful. Soft, lovely colors.
My son was a member of the Lego Maniacs Club. We have a basement full of kits some of which cost several hundred dollars. He built the Ferrari, the Space Shuttle, a pneumatic truck with helicopter and on and on. We still, at 23, get him a new Lego for Christmas.Once a Lego Maniac-always a Lego Maniac

MARCIE said...

Oh, now I am jealous of your wonderful peaches AND your fabulous quilt! OK, I like the Lego land too!

Debbie said...

Oh I love the way the Royal Cross turned out, the blue border is perfect - actually the entire thing is perfect!

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing your Royal Cross top! Simply and completely beautiful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails