Sunday, January 27, 2008

A little hand quilting ...

The last couple of days I've been working on things that really just aren't that interesting to share. My classes start again next week, so I've been preparing a project for the students. I've also been working on some new patterns, and preparing a pattern order for the store. That coupled with all the machine quilting I've been doing, last night, I was just mentally worn out. There was a movie on TV that I was interested in seeing - Gosford Park - so I thought I'd pick up some of my hand quilting that I hadn't done in a while.

I've shown it to you before, it's called 'Holiday Wholecloth' and it's one of those Benartex Holice Turnbow pre-printed kits. Linda kindly sent me a different one of these many years ago, a cot size one, which I made up for Cameron when he was on the way. I love it so much. So when I saw this one advertised many years ago I snapped it up. I haven't quilted on it much this past year, I wonder if I'll have it finished in this decade? At my current rate, the odds aren't good. I really enjoy hand quilting, I hope I can make more time for it.

14 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

I love Gosford Park, but it's sooo hard to follow. I know the first couple of times we watched the DVD we had the subtitles on and really concentrated so that we could figure out who everyone was and how they were related.

Helen in the UK said...

What a lovely quilting pattern :)

Joyce said...

The quilt is going to be amazing. I have a hand quilted one on the go now for well over a year. This post reminds me that i have to get back at it.

~Joan said...

Tazzie,

How large is the area inside the frame? it's so hard to tell sizes in pictures, especially of quilts!

~Joan

sewprimitive karen said...

Your hand quilting is so beautiful. Wish I could quilt like that.

Linda C said...

This is lovely, Tazzie. I love to slow down every once in a while and hand quilt, don't you? This looks the perfect project to work on too.

Sounds like you are just as busy a always.

Tanya said...

Oooh. That Royal Cross quilt is gorgeous! All those curves! And you do beautiful hand quilting as well as machine quilting! What talent!!

Clare said...

Gosford Park is one of my all time favourites. Blimey Tazzie, that quilting is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful!

Susan said...

Good job on the quilting. It is so relaxing for me to sit with a needle in hand.

mereth said...

Keryn and Matt and I watched Gosford Park not long ago, and we loved it, even the 19 year old. Excellent stuff.
The handquilting looks beautiful, it will be worth it when it's done, even if it takes you a while.
Oh, and I just volunteered for us to pick you up on the way to Bonnies Painting Party, wouldn't we all have fun? Pity about those pesky plane tickets.....

*karendianne. said...

Lovely, even stitches!~

Knitted Gems said...

I love the hand quilting you are doing. It's so beautiful.
I hand quilted my last quilt and truly enjoyed it. I just haven't had the time to get back to it.

Unknown said...

Tazzie it doesn't matter how long it takes you to quilt that WCQ. It's the pleasure you get out of doing it. I've done two of Holace's designs plus have a little one I just got ready to take with me to KC on a retreat the first of April with some of my online quilting friends.Easy to sit and talk and quilt.
You sure got that beautiful quilt done in a hurry but nice to have a weekend all to yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails