Sunday, January 06, 2008

Carolina Crossroads Pt. 4 & 5

Here you have it. A picture of my stitching efforts while the family were away. There are additions to the pile of Royal Cross blocks. I completed parts four and five of the Carolina Crossroads mystery. There are 100 hourglass units there, and forty of the little triangle half nine patch units. I am sooooo looking forward to putting the components of this mystery together now. Super fun!

I purchased a companion angle especially for Bonnie's mystery. I had never used one before, and had always used the half square triangle (line diagonally across the back - sew either side of the line and repeat) technique to make hourglass units. These came out just great using the template, and it was wonderful to be able to use stuff from my strip boxes, and not cut squares in a special size. I don't know how much yardage I used, but I'm sure I can nut it out. I got eight hourglass blocks approx from two 2" strips ... I'm feeling lazy right now ... I'll work it out when it's stash report time.

Last of all, just want to say a big HELLO to my wonderful friend Linda from San Jose. We spent 80 minutes on the phone the other day - gosh that few by. Can't wait to see you in September. *big hugs*

I'm heading into the sewing room now ... let's see what I can create today :-) x o x

10 comments:

mereth said...

Wow, you were productive. It's nice to have some uninterrupted time for sewing, isn't it?
Much cooler here today, I haven't even got the air conditioner on.It's been a stinker the last few days, hasn't it?

loulee said...

Wow, you got loads done. I've seen a lot about Bonnies mystery in blogland it'll be good to see all the parts put together.

Oh! And I'm tagging you with the "You Make My Day Award". Because you are always bright and cheerful, and I love reading your blog and seeing your creations. Thank you.

The awards rules are to“Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Great progress! I'm not often a fan of scrappy quilts but yours always seem to make me go "wow". Glad you had some alone to sew while the family were away.

Shelina said...

You certainly have been busy. Everything looks great.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on being up to date on the Carolina crossroads! I really love the colors that you chose. The Royal Cross blocks are really coming along as well, I love the look of the curves.

Ali Honey said...

Great iffort on your part!

Did you have fish for dinner then when they all came home?

*karendianne. said...

Wow! Love the Royal Cross blocks. Amazing. Those came out GREAT.

Ginger Patches said...

I love how your hour glass blocks turned out. I was lazy and did it the "cut big squares" way.

I was glad to see I'm not the only one who needs the family to come home so I can rest :) Mine are off snowboarding and I have been up way too late sewing and watching movies :) They come home tonight so it's back to a routine!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Mmmm - looking so nice!

Lissa Jane said...

Tazzie
your blocks are looking fantastic...

I can't wait to see this mystery quilt together either.. I am doing it in 30's in pinks/yellows/green - accent on white on white..



Lissa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails