Monday, January 21, 2008

One stash reduction step forward ...

... and many stash reduction steps back! It's okay though ... you all know I don't shop for fabric that often, and I was struggling to find an outer border for the Royal Cross quilt.

I used around 40cms (half a yard) for the inner border on the quilt, and about 5 metres of fabric came home with me. First up, I purchased the navy on the right at Quiltaholics. Later on in the day I had the chance to visit a store I've only been to once before - Hettie's Patch. They had a sale on their reproduction fabrics 30% off, so I treated myself to a few that I wouldn't normally have access to. The blue fabric on the left is the one I've decided I'll use on the quilt, as the first blue fabric I purchased I've used before on a different quilt.

I haven't gotten as much sewing done lately as I'd like to. I've been spending some time with Cameron, building up his Lego city. He just adores his Lego, and I have spent seriously hours and hours helping him out. It's actually kinda fun, like reliving my childhood a little :-)

And time will become scarcer soon ... our peach tree is ready to explode with ripe fruit, so I've been researching peach jam, peach butter, peach cobbler ... all peachy all the time. I'll fill you in with pictures as I have them. TTFN :-) x o x

7 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

I love the blue Tazzie--it will be perfect! Have fun with the legos too, I love to play them with my grandson. xoxo

atet said...

Mmmnnn...peach cobbler. The fabrics are just lovely -- and ya know, you DON'T buy much fabric. I think you would have been foolish to pass these up!

Shelina said...

That's a nice collection of fabric, and at 30% off I can see how you couldn't resist. That blue will be perfect. I enjoyed lego's as well - tried to get my daughter into it as I could play.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I can't wait to see it with borders! And my kids LOVED lego's too!

Purple Pam said...

The blue fabric is great. Your finished quilts is going to be a knockout! Legos are fun for all ages. I had my own set when the boys were little.

Quilter Kathy said...

You have your own peach tree?!?!
Wow! You lucky duck!

julieQ said...

Yummy peaches! I did a little stash enhancement today...sure was fun! Your new fabrics are so pretty. Can't wait to see your finished royal cross.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails