Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Somebody stop me!

Wow have I been motoring along on this quilt. Last night I quilted it all and attached the binding. I just need to do the hand sewing now.

For the purposes of stash reporting - last week I did have five metres of fabric come home with me, but this week I used up four metres for the back of this quilt, and about 40cms for the binding. So 60cms more, and I'm back on track :-)

The family have just come home today from three days at the sheep station, so my completely uninterrupted sewing time will draw to a close. I'll also have to give up on the mega-late nights too. I was on such a roll with the machine quilting, I didn't want to stop, and when I saw that Citizen Kane was on TV, I knew I'd be in for a late one.

Ever since my wonderful friend Linda and her husband Jerry kindly took me to see Hearst Castle when I visited with them, I've wanted to see the movie. Because it's so old, it's not the kind of thing you can pick up anywhere. What serendipity that it would be on late at night when I had no time pressures. I loved it, and I'm glad I've seen it.

This afternoon I just need to package up the patterns for the store, and I'm all caught up with work I needed to do by tomorrow. I still have another pattern to write up and get ready, and a lot of things I need to add to my website, but that's 'nice to do' work, rather than 'have to do' work. I'm really feeling like some pressure has lifted!

29 comments:

dot said...

Slow down girl, take a breather. The quilt looks wonderful.

Susan said...

Wow, I took a few days to visit a friend and I come back to see your quilt finished! I love the borders you chose.

Emma said...

I love the way those Royal Crosses have comwe together! And don't worry, you're not the only one up late quiting. With a 6 month old and 2 year old, my quilting is done between 11pm and 1.30am most nights. Yawn...

*karendianne. said...

Fantastic! Its all good. ;)

~Joan said...

Tazzie,

Your quilt looks marvelous! Love the quilting, of course. What would you be doing if Ricky Timms never entered your life? LOL!

Can you quilt the whole thing w/o having to find a new starting place? Just curious.

~Joan

Rose Johnston said...

I love this quilt and ur quilting looks amazing!! This is a commission quilt, yes?? It has been a pleasure to watch it progress, u must be so proud!!

Clare said...

Gosh you've been busy. Funny how we can do hardly any sewing for a week or so and then woosh we get the urge and you can't see the sewing machine for fabric!

sewprimitive karen said...

What a quilt! Beautiful, Tazzie! Those work spurts really help out with our quilt production (and I need one lol).

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a wonderful quilt and how nice it has been to watch your progress ..... as always, you've done an amazing job!

Julia said...

Another fantastic finish, Tazzie. I usually don't go for circles in quilts, but this design speaks to me. Thanks for sharing the pattern for the block on your site. I have printed it out and I will be making this one.
Do you do all of your quilting on your domestic machine? I need to learn something besides meandering. Any suggestions?

Hanne said...

Your quilt looks wonderful Tazzie :-)

Laurie Ann said...

The quilt looks great! I haven't ever seen Citizen Kane. I really should!!

Elaine Adair said...

Of course, you're really moving along - it's just a wonderful quilt!

atet said...

It's just beautiful, and that hand quilting is incredible as well. I just bought another mini wholecloth for myself -- I really did enjoy the first :0).

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks wonderful. It sure came together fast.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

WOW! It looks fantastic. I bet you love it! Well done!

annemariesquilt said...

I realy love this quilt...

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Tazzie! It is so wonderful!

MARCIE said...

Amazing quilt Tazzie. The fabrics make me weep! Gorgeous! Nice quilting too!

Purple Pam said...

Tazzie - it really is stunning. I like your border choice. What a hit! Are you going to enter it into some shows? It will be a winner, no doubt.

Vicky said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous! Congrats on a job very well done!

julieQ said...

Really, really pretty. I love the quilting, really makes it come to life. and it is 4 am, and I am typing on the computer!! Go to bed to all of us!

Laura said...

I love your Royal Cross. Glad you were able to see Citizen Kane. I am an old movie junkie.

Carol E. said...

The quilt is gorgeous!!!

Pam said...

That is such a wonderful quilt -- you certainly are a quilting demon!!

Isn't Hearst Castle amazing!! We saw it in 2006 on our trip to Arizona. Such a fantastic place. Well worth the little detour getting to see it.

Cherold said...

Love this quilt! The colors are beautiful.

CheriS

Rose Marie said...

I've been following your progress with this quilt and .... wow .... it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tazzie,

Your royal cross is one of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen. The colors just pop and all the intricate details are just beautiful. I love it! It's just beautiful. I've watched your progress and am amazed.

Happy quilting!

Gayle

Mary Johnson said...

I LOVE this quilt and wish it was mine! It's just gorgeous and scrappy and just my favorite kind of quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails