Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Finally!

Finally I have completed the last six of the Royal Cross blocks. I can now start putting the top together. I was growing weary of the curved seams toward the end, but it's hard to be tired of a block that looks so good put together.

Also another accomplishment - I'm up to date with the latest installment of the Carolina Crossroads mystery. I'm loving these blocks, and I'm thrilled with the scrappiness!

While I'm posting, I should also make a note of my stash busting for this week. No fabric purchases at all. I haven't darkened the door of any quilt stores, but I will be heading to Quiltaholics tomorrow. I have used I guess around one metre of fabric. Around a fat quarter was used for the back of the placemats, another fat quarter for the binding of the placemats. Approx another half metre was used for the additional pieces for the mystery quilt, and also for the remaining pieces I needed to cut for the Royal Cross blocks. I may have used a little more, or maybe a little less, but it's used just the same. I'll really bust some stash when I add the borders and make up the back for the Royal Cross quilt - that will be a good feeling!

9 comments:

antique quilter said...

I just love these Royal Cross blocks I sure hope this quilt gets published or you write a pattern for it! I would love to make it as well.
The block is just amazing and worth every bit of work!
Cant wait to see your quilt top finished.
really enjoy reading your blog and seeing your quilts, I love scrappy quilts.
Kathie

Quilts And Pieces said...

WOW! Look at all you have gotten done! woo hoo

Eileen said...

Hi Tazzie,
Long time no see. Your blocks look great. I'm (re)joining Judy L's stashbusting group so hopefully you'll be seeing me online again.

atet said...

Oooh -- lovely blocks (again) and look at how much you got done!

Marian said...

What wonderful blocks

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tazzie! Your fabric combinations in the Royal Cross blocks are wonderful, they look SO good.

Karen said...

Good job on the Royal Cross blocks! Your curved piecing is really good.

Knitted Gems said...

I have been loving your Royal Cross blocks. I can't wait to see the top pieced together.

Lucy said...

Tazzie, I can't wait to see your Carolina Crossroads together!! I think yours is becoming so beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails