Monday, March 21, 2011

Working on the inner border

First up, thank you all so very much for your lovely comments - I have been very lazy answering you all, but do know that I appreciate each and every one of them.

Since my last post I've been working on the inner border of the NI quilt, and so far, I think I'm liking what I see :-) I've almost completed enough zig-zags for one whole side, but I have to put the stitching aside in favour of some chores for now.

When I was imagining how this border would go, I was certain that I'd choose tan and navy, but Jenny and I auditioned fabrics the other day, and we selected these pink and green fabrics which are the colours they used in the book. Looks nice, yes?

I'll be looking forward to getting more done ... I'll check back in soon :-)

14 comments:

Lynne In Hawaii said...

Very nice! I'm likin' that!

Leeanne said...

Beautiful...love the lacy cover underneath too!

Jan said...

It looks just fabulous!

Pat V. said...

This quilt is SOOO beautiful!

Becky said...

PERFECT!

Impera Magna said...

Perfect choice... and it's looking good!

Unknown said...

I love the pink and green! Perfect choices. The border is spectacular.

Nancy quiltin' momma said...

Love the green and pink border!! You have inspired me again!!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! that border looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Karen said...

Oh, yes. The zigzag border is a wonderful addition. It will be good to see the whole quilt.

Sarah Jane said...

Oh yes! It all blends in so very well. Whatever are you going to do when it is finished?

AnnieO said...

Looks very nice, indeed!

sewprimitive karen said...

Gorgeous! I would say it takes a while to make those zig zags but you seem to be the quickest piecer ever!!

Anne's Quilteri said...

WOW - that's beautiful. You inspire me to start my own NI

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails