On Wednesday night, I got the final green border on the table runner, and by Thursday it was in Lizzy's hot little hands for her quilting master strokes. I didn't take a picture with the border as it was really late, but I know I'll have it back quite quickly so I'll be able to share with you all.
Today is one of my days off, so I decided to do a little catch up on my Civil War Quilt blocks. I still have two more to finish, but at least I'm not quite so far behind now :-)
Here is Block 6 - Richmond. I've used some of my scraps for this one, and the red came from Donna's scrap bag. I'm not sure if it's a reproduction, but it looks like it could be :-) Donna was a big help with this one, she suggested to cut the little squares 1-7/16" instead of 1-1/2", and the block went together so much easier. It's a smidge small, but will work in the big scheme of things. Probably a block that would be better made at 9" square rather than 8", the maths would be so much simpler :-)
Block 7 - Log Cabin. Also made from my many reproduction scraps. You'll have seen them in my Nearly Insane blocks all over the place :-)
And lastly, Block 8 - Cotton Boll. We Aussies would probably say 'cotton ball' but for the purposes of this exercise, I'm just going with it as named. In this block I've used some of my scraps from the 'Back Home Again' quilt.
After dinner tonight, I'd really like to put another Nearly Insane block together. I only have 8 to go now, so the finish line is in sight.