Monday, March 14, 2011

Nearly Insane Block 70

Here is my NI Block 70. As much as I want to rush holus-bolus into the last block, because it's getting late, and with work commitments, it's unlikely I'll get any stitching done until Thursday. Unless I get super organised ... and there's not much chance of that!

I made a small error with this block - the large cream outer triangles should have been green, and the smaller green triangles should have been cream. Having said that, I'm still thrilled with the way the block looks, so it's staying as is.

Rock on Thursday, I'm dying to get the last block made!!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Are these paper-pieced, or assembled the traditional way? I am incredibly fascinated with your project!

debbie m said...

Another awesome block! Are you following a color plan from the book? ( I've not seen the book). Or if not colors, light, medium, dark tone recomendations? Curious to what you were using as a reference when you said you transposed the use of the green and cream.

I made a 12" block with 24 pieces yesterday and it didn't come out right! LOL, It'll be a looooooooong time before I'm ready for this level of work.

Thanks for sharing :o)

Scrappy quilter said...

Once again another stunning block. Can't wait to see the quilt when it's finished. Are you hand quilting it?

loulee said...

This is very exciting, you're so close to completing. Not sure I can wait till thursday, why not play hookie and stay home! LOL

Helen said...

Love the fabric choice for this quilt. Absolutely lovely. Think you are a little crazy for attempting this quilt. It is even more daring than the DJ :) Have fun. Can't wait to see the end result.

mereth said...

You should be very proud of all your work on this amazing top. I love some of the blocks in it, and would like to make quilts based on them, but I'll never do the whole thing. I'm just glad there are dedicated people like you who stick with it. Goodonya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails