Monday, February 14, 2011

NI Block 59 & A little fabric ...

Happy Valentines Day to all my friends out there :-) It has been an interesting day in our house - some lovely gifts were given and received. And we learned today that Miss Amy who has been feeling unwell for a little while has Glandular Fever (Mononucleosis for my US friends). Poor love, she'll be laying low for a little while.

Even with the doctors appointments and running around I had to do, I also managed to get another NI block made. This one is block 59, and I really enjoyed using some of my scrappiest fabrics, some of them very old, and some from Donna's scrap bag.


This morning I made a trip to Hettie's Patch to see if I could find the perfect fabrics for the zig-zag border on my NI quilt. I found these ones - two of which I already have on hand, but could always use a little more. I'm thinking the biscuit coloured fabric second from left will be the outer part of the zig-zag, and I will use a navy for the main part, but I haven't found the perfect one yet.

Just loving that conversational print with the kitties ... I always grab those prints when I see them!

6 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What a beautiful block this one is! I did a little "fabric therapy" this weekend... love your finds!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Scrappy quilter said...

What a nice block and the material you picked out is wonderful.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your blocks continue to just amaze me. They are gorgeous! (I just finished another xmas tree skirt! And Holly wants 2 more for wedding shower gifts!)

Tamera said...

What wonderful fabric!

Quilt fabric said...

Those fabrics are really nice. The patterns are unique and the colors are awesome. Super like it!

AnnieO said...

Another great one done!

I had mono when I was 22. Not fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails