Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Nearly Insane - Blocks 68 & 72

Just so you know I haven't been slacking off ;-) here are my two latest Nearly Insane blocks.

This is block 72 - I made it late-ish last night. It was late when I took the picture, and I'm declaring that the hour was the reason for the blurry picture - nothing to do with the camera operator *lol* I was able to use some of my skinny leftover strips for this block. With the tiny pieces, nothing is wasted, that's for sure!

And here is block 68 - I made it on Friday, but haven't showed it off yet. Another one that has used the tiniest of pieces.

I had a couple of questions from people I wasn't able to personally email back to - mostly asking about the size of the blocks. They're six inch blocks - and can be quite time consuming for such small blocks, but very rewarding.

Now I only have 14 blocks left to make. I'll try and make another tonight. I'm already thinking ahead to how I'll quilt it, this is such fun! :-)

13 comments:

loulee said...

All the blocks seem to use the tiniest pieces, not just these two. I don't even want to contemplate how many individual piecesyou will have put together once you are finished.

simplestitches said...

this is looking wonderful...can't wait to see the whole thing finished, I think it will be spectacular!!!
Julz

ria vogelzang said...

They are so beautiful! Just love all those colours! They look so bright; it will be a very cheery quilt!
Enjoy!

Impera Magna said...

How wonderful you can use all those tiny scraps of fabric... it's all so beautiful I hate throwing any piece away! Great work... looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Teresa Rawson said...

Wow! Only 14 left to do! Your patience is paying off and you are going to have such a sweet quilt when you are finished.

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Robert said...

Been following your blog for a couple weeks now and find the Nearly Insane quilt to be unbelievable. How did you start? Is it all scraps or did you buy a half yard of 10 fabrics and start cutting? Probably you started out with one predominate background, but I sure it got mixed up fairly fast. I'm a scrapper, and have more fabric then I'll every use, and my guild members know I'll take any left over scraps from projects, but don't know if I would attempt something like this - may just have to see. (I've checked out the book, but have not got it.) Thanks, Robert Kent, from northern Iowa. (Also a tatter, so know what it's like to work alot and not get much done.)

Scrappy quilter said...

it's going to be one beautiful work of art. Six inches...wowser!!

Jan said...

These may be my favorites to date!

Kat said...

looks great !! :))
I'm looking forward to the finished quilt!

greetings
kat

Cindy said...

Wow! Can't believe how intricate those blocks are. I'm going to have to check out the book. Don't know if I'd ever attempt it but after reading Robert's I'm curious too about how you started it.

Toni said...

They might be insane, but you made them beautiful!! Great job!! Keep it up, you will be so grateful for all the hard work this quilt is giving you!!

LuAnn said...

Your blocks are beautiful. It's going to be a great quilt!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You are making great progress on this quilt. The blocks are so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails