Monday, February 21, 2011

And I shopped!

It was a sad day in my shoe closet today. I finally had to face the fact that my leapord flats (you'll see them here) had gone to shoe heaven, and I had to throw them away. So, to console myself it was really necessary to find something to replace them. May I introduce to you my new animal print flats:

I'm thinking maybe they're faux cheetah, yes? They'll be great to wear to work, and I think I'll do just that tomorrow :-)

And when I got home from picking up the kids today ... some parcels greeted me at the doorstep. Clearly I was carried away with a bout of clickage recently. It's usually a temporary affliction, sometimes prompted by emailed newsletters and the like. Note to self: Unsubscribe more often.

No buyers remorse here though, I'm loving these fabrics, and the book is just delightful. And speaking of books, I'm dying to get my hands on Bonnie Hunter's new book ... must pace myself though :-)

And lest you think I've been slacking off in the sewing department ... there has been much progress. I've a magazine commission to work on in a bit of a rush, so yesterday I made about a bazillion half square triangles (or maybe 230ish) so I've got about 50 more to go. If I don't get any more done tonight, I can't see myself working on them again until at least Wednesday, and then I'll give you a sneaky peek. We'll chatter soon okay? xox

6 comments:

Kat said...

this book is also on my target list.. ;D
enjoy !!
looking forward to your sewing.

:)

Impera Magna said...

Love your new shoes... very stylish!

And I always love packages full of fabric and quilt books... always so very nice to find on your doorstep when you get home!

Anonymous said...

I just got Bonnie's new book and there are a number of quilts I would like to make.

cheers
Christine

loulee said...

We're all prone to bouts of clickiness. It's not curable, but it is forgivable, so you can continue! Hehehe.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

May your shoes rest in peace!!!

Ouch that is alot of hsts!!!!! you will be doing those in your sleep by the time you're done!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry about your shoes... I know what that feels like.

Who is the author of the SImply Charming book... looks like something I might have to get my hands on... and by the way, Bonnie's books are wonderful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails