Friday, February 25, 2011

Checking in :-)

It's been a few days since I last posted, but trust me, there has been a lot happening here at la Casa de Tazzie. I worked on Tuesday and Wednesday, and should have worked yesterday also, but found myself laying low with an evil headache. I'm feeling considerably better today, but I'll still take it as easy as I can :-)

On with the post:

Do you remember this table runner I talked about while I was on Christmas holidays? I had hoped to get busy on it much earlier, but it just didn't happen for whatever reason, and now I really have to get motoring as it has been commissioned by Australian Patchwork and Quilting.


I've made almost all of the HST's, and those that aren't complete are just waiting for me to stitch them together. I use Bonnie's favourite technique for making HST's with my Easy Angle ruler, but I'll most likely use different directions in the magazine for the benefit of those without the ruler. You can see I printed the picture out and have it tucked under my thread stand for reference :-)


In the next picture, you can see a little of my shopping therapy.


A couple of weeks ago I saw a lovely Masons Vista 8 person dinner setting at my favourite local auction house Small and Whitfield. I didn't go to the auction in person, but placed an absentee bid, and was just kicking myself when I was outbid by $5.00. So, to console myself, I purchased from ebay a couple of serving pieces that I can use with my everyday white dinner set. I just love transfer ware, and would have loved a red and white set for Christmas time. Oh well, maybe there will be another one in my future sometime.

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I like your new serving pieces and know you'll come across more of the transfer dinnerware. I love it too...

Leeanne said...

Beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails