Friday, February 11, 2011

NI Block 44 - Check!

Oh my goodness, do I feel a sense of accomplishment tonight? Yes, definitely yes! I've completed block 44 of my Nearly Insane quilt. It's a toughie, and I'd wager possibly one of the toughest in the quilt.

Those little stars in the block measure 2.5" finished, so you can imagine how fiddly all those inset seams are. I think larger versions of these stars will be a breeze from now on!

You know what's funny? In my picture, you can see some of the light fabric triangle sections and a couple of squares are brighter than other areas ... I didn't remember to pull all the freezer paper pieces from the back before I took the picture, and you can see the dark table surface through the other areas. Duh!

Not sure what block I'll tackle next - there are only 13 to go now :-)

11 comments:

Impera Magna said...

2.5 inch stars? Oh my... The block looks fabulous! You're way more patient than I am...


Have a great weekend!

Saska said...

It looks wonderful! Insane is definitely what it is... 2.5"? That's crazy!...but it does look good!

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful!!

AnnieO said...

Yowsa, that is a lot of fiddly little pieces. Definitely need to have a big pat on the back for all that work! It looks wonderful.

Toni said...

OOO I really like this block! Love your fabric choices and I was puzzled by the different shades of fabric :) Is this done by hand? I can't imagine how small the pieces are!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

gorgeous! love the pinks and browns!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the tiny stars!

ForestJane said...

Yow, that's some teeny bits!

Anonymous said...

I won't complain about my regular-size leymone stars again...yours are amazing!
Donna

Vivian said...

I had plenty of trouble with one LeMoyne star in a Dear Jane block. This one is obviously only tackled by the brave. Gorgeous block!

Endless Ending said...

nice work. great blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails