Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Chained to the (sewing) machine ...

I really wish I had some amazing eye candy, or some exciting news to report for you. But the fact is this ... every spare moment I have is spent at the sewing machine right now. Here's what I've put together since Friday:

There are 50 blocks there, and I hope to get another 20 put together by the end of today. And that will mean that all of the shoo-fly blocks are made, I'll just need to concentrate on the nine patch blocks.

In total I've made 261 blocks now, so I have exactly 100 left to make. And then the top to put together, but that's another story. I'm excited at how the quilt is coming together, and it just baffles me that I don't seem to have made much of a dent in my scraps. That tells me that I have way too much fabric ... seriously!

In still quilting related, but not actual quilting news - something that is being cooked up at the moment is my USA trip next year, Linda and I have begun planning in earnest. I'm so looking forward to it, and though I don't have too many details just yet, we are definitely going to be visiting Graceland! Way too exciting!!

Last of all, I had a sweet email from Aunt Bea. I'm sorry I couldn't respond to you directly Bea - your email address isn't enabled - but to answer your question regarding where I purchased the Omigosh! quilt pattern, here is a link:  http://www.comequilt.com/shop/Individual-Patterns/p/Omigosh-x1911239.htm Sue Garman is just delightful, and her patterns are just wonderful. Hope this helps.

Alrighty, I'm heading back to the sewing machine, I'll check in with you all soon I hope! xox

11 comments:

Aunt Bea said...

Dear Tazzie,

Your quilt looks just beautiful. I can't wait to see the next part.

Thank you for the info on the pattern. I'll check it out right away.

Best wishes,
Aunt Bea

Pip said...

I was just thinking of you this morning when I was reading Sue Garman's blog and saw some Omigosh quilts on it. The way you are sewing it won't be long before you have those 100 blocks finished and ready to put the top together, go Tara :)

Shay said...

Im sure you'll blitz the rest Tazz! Looking fabulous !

Missy Shay said...

I love your blocks! If you are going to be in Tennessee to go to Graceland, you should try to go to Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga also, I really liked it.

tirane93 said...

holy smoke! those are intricate blocks. we'll be patient - you just keep right on sewing. i can hardly wait to see it assembled!

ria vogelzang said...

WOW!I just love those gorgeous shoo-fly blocks!! They look so great!!
Love from the Netherlands, Ria.

Nancy said...

The blocks are beautiful and oh so tiny.

How exciting that you have a trip planned. The planning and anticipation are almost more fun than the trip.

ruthsplace said...

It's looking fabulous! I love following your progress.

Judy Dietrich said...

This is the hardest part of the quilting process for me. I love starting and try to keep going on one project at a time. I am glad you are able to stay focused and produce some fun little churndash blocks. This is going to be fabulous & the price of the fabric is right (free)

Beth said...

Oh! That pattern just continues to speak to me! Its on my Bucket List and climbing fast! I have a busy busy fall and holiday season. Thinking this would be a wonderful treat to start Jan 1st? Time to start making a stash of scraps set aside for this. Love your progress! You go girl!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

while traveling I have not been able to get on the internet often, it is great to catch up today - love the quilt and you are moving along really well on it I think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails