Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Still Piecing ...

Wow, I have no idea where the last two weeks have gone? I know I've spent time in the sewing room, because my Omigosh! block count is now 140 ...

They're really such fun, and I'm finding so many scraps from quilts past that I'd entirely forgotten about. I still have 221 to make - and once they're done, then will be the fun of putting the top together.

Yesterday I received a fun parcel in the mail from my sweet friend Linda in the USA. I shared with you recently that she's been working on the Omigosh! quilt also, and she managed to finish her top - what an achievement! And what a darling friend, she sent me all the leftovers that she'd cut out. Such a treat! Linda has an amazing stash, and we share a great love of repro fabrics.

I pieced ten blocks today, and I've already started using the fabrics Linda shared with me. I can't wait to put some more together.

And last of all, just a fun quick pic ... I had tossed some quilts on the lounge to refold and was distracted for some reason ... and when I finally came back to them, something small had taken up residence ...

It has been cold here, so I can understand her wanting to find somewhere warm ... but not my favourite quilts kitty ... it's time to move on!

Chatter soon :-)

10 comments:

paulette said...

OMGosh!! Your blocks are so pretty! This quilt is going to be gorgeous!!
P

Wilma Kuin said...

Your blocks are so pretty!!

Linda said...

A maz ing! No wonder you've been so quiet lately! It's going to be absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to a whole quilt picture. Lurking Linda

Missy Shay said...

She is so pretty! I understand her wanting to cuddle in them!

Pip said...

You've been busy, you must be a machine :) Kitty looks so happy on the quilts.

Nancy said...

Your blocks are gorgeous. How sweet of Linda to send you the fabric.

Jan said...

You are making such great progress; what a treat to "inherit" Linda's fabrics!

Lynn said...

That is quite a box full of wonderful blocks! You've been very busy.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

moving along so nicely on this quilt - you will be done before you know it!!

Aunt Bea said...

I just love your blog. I come back several times a week. (I don't want to miss anything.)
This quilt you making now is gorgeous. I love the colors. Where can I get the pattern? It must have seemed like Christmas when Linda's package came. Have fun.

Best wishes,
Aunt Bea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails