Monday, September 15, 2014

Blocky ...

Whoa ... I have blocks all over the place here ... seriously! See my cutting table, there are 341 of them just laying around ...

Twenty to go and I can start putting this baby together. I don't mind confessing that though I love piecing them (and I'm whispering this) I'm kinda sick of the sight of them ...

But I'm not out of love with it yet, and I predict that by the end of this week, most of this top will be put together and I'll be deciding on border treatments. I genuinely haven't even thought about the borders a little - I hope I have something suitable living in my stash!

One decision I have made is the backing fabric ... I kind of like it too:

DH took one look and said "Beige, really? You're a creature of habit hon!". Well, I hate to contradict him ... but I thought this one was utterly different for me ... after all, it may be beige, but it's NOT a reproduction print ... what ever is he thinking?? Of course you know I'm kidding around, but it genuinely isn't a repro print, so that is progress right? :-)

Because my days have been so busy, it is taking me a while to wind down in the evenings. I often read on the iPad and sometimes cruise blogs etc. I found a funny link somewhere about a "Kitchen Reno" and thought I'd share it with you, it's really cute - do read it. And one of the lines in the intro really resonated with me:

"If we do not feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we'd be happy with more?" -- Unknown

Something this shoe, clothes and fabric lovin' girl needs to think about next time I'm giving the 'ole credit card a work out!

Chatter soon! xox

9 comments:

MJinMichigan said...

Your blocks look great and I'm sure you will be thrilled with your finished top. I bet one look at it will make you forget all the pain of making the blocks (kind of like childbirth LOL). I just got back yesterday from a workshop with Sue Garman and Oh My Gosh was one of the quilts she brought to show us. It's even better in person than in the pictures!

Unknown said...

The article "spoke to me", as well.

Nancy said...

That backing is perfect!

You are a determined and dedicated quilter, and the end is in sight.

loulee said...

Your blocks look lovely piled up there like that. Have fun putting them all together. xx

Shay said...

Thats one HUGE ( and pretty) pile of blocks Tazz. I concur with your prediction and by Sunday night we'll be seeing this as a quilt top. LOVE the backing fabric too!

Pip said...

Knowing your work rate, I'm sure there will be a finish by Sunday night. Great link to that article, and a great quote too, worth keeping in mind everyday.

Becky said...

Love your blocks and think the backing material is perfect. Can't wait to see the top put together

Heather said...

I stumbled across that same article a bit ago, and found it a gentle prod toward greater contentment and a more profound gratefulness. My favorite take away was the term "perspectacles." I'm trying to keep mine handy. :-) Am excited to see your bitty blocks all coming together and I too think that backing is perfect!

ruthsplace said...

I really, really like your backing. I'd be tempted to use it as a feature fabric on the front of a quilt :D

The blocks look great. I can't get over how fast you've put them together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails