Friday, September 05, 2014

Getting sooooo close ...

I sewed like a mad thing today, I really wanted to make up the last of the Shoo Fly blocks for my Omigosh! quilt ...

There you see the little four patch units before I got the last triangles in place. So much chain piecing!

Today I've been using a lot of scraps from my Turning Four-T quilt - I've been rummaging thru all sorts of scraps to find bits and pieces to use. See the fabric in the triangles above? It's a conversational print I picked up some time (I think on one of my USA trips). Usually they're things like chickens, kittens ... other cute critters. But this print, I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Looks like body piercing jewellery to me ... what do you think?? And if that's what it is, why is it on an 1800's reproduction fabric?? Questions ... queries ... posers ...

And here's where I'm at with the blocks now - all the Shoo Fly blocks done - and only 80 nine patch blocks left to make. I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with some blocks to put together.

See if you can guess what I'll be doing this weekend?? :-)

9 comments:

julieQ said...

So pretty and fun, Tazzie! I bought the pattern this week....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are rushing through this quilt so fast - we do things differently :) on quilts with so many pieces I love to really take my time to make them - like a year LOL

The Rabbit Factory said...

Your making amazing progress...can't wait to see your quilt top when it's done!

Nancy said...

I have some knitting stitch markers that look exactly like the rings on your fabric.

Aunt Bea said...

Dear Tazzie,

The blocks are just beautiful. I love the fabric you picked. I'm so excited to see the finished article.

Thank you again for the pattern info. I ordered it and its on the way. I have a huge box of fabric I got in the Amish country awhile back. I'm hoping to use most of that. I'm so excited, I can't wait to start.

Best wishes,
Aunt Bea

mereth said...

How much fabric has this used up? Can you really see a dent in your stash or have the gaps just closed up after your rummagings?

Sometimes it scares me when I think of how many quilts could be made with the fabric I've already got, and I still want more!

Judy Dietrich said...

Glad you like this pattern and are making such good progress!! Wondering minds do want to know how many scraps you have used?

ruthsplace said...

Oh this looks like a lovely quilt. I have to admit that one of my favourite things about using scraps is finding old favourites from earlier quilts.

Shay said...

Girl - you are a machine ! Cannot wait to see this quilt take shape. If its half as gorgeous as everything else you make its going to be eye poppingly gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails